Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All that Scraps Wednesday Challenge - Distressing



Greetings! Since it's Wednesday, that means we've got another challenge for you at All That Scraps! This week, we're so distressed! Wait, no... that's not right. We're getting distressed! On our creations, that is! Whatever you interpret as distressing on your card, that fits the bill today.

Stop by the ATS Wednesday blog for all the challenge details, and join us for the challenge! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, you card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps online store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in-house designers, or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours! Then be sure to link up your creation using Mr. Linky by next Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. EST and only one entry per person, please!

For my card, most of the distressing is done by way of using Ranger Distress Inks to shab it up a little. I also did pull out my not-often-used distress tool, and grunged up the edges of the Cool Caribbean panel behind the brown polka dots. Even my orange dotted ribbon got the distress treatment, as I sponged quite a bit of Vintage Photo ink on it.

The image I've used for my card is the newly released Swiss Pixie "Nora on a Swing." I'm so partial to stamp that involve swings lately, so I just had to have this one! I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #69 for the layout.

This card is actually going to go out to our Sunday School teacher's wife. She's under a lot of stress right now in her job, and I want her to know we're thinking about her and praying that things all work out for the best.

Thanks for stopping by again today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much!









Stamps: Nora on a Swing (CC Designs/All that Scraps)Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (October Afternoon)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug die (ProvoCraft), ribbon (Creative Impressions), glitter (Gary Burlin).



11 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

This is darling...Love it!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh, wow! This stamp is just adorable! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!

Deb said...

Great card. You make it look so easy!

jjcreations said...

What a wonderful card Tammy. That image is so sweet and I'm sure your friend will love the card.

Barbara said...

Awwwww, how sweet!!! Love that paper and the colors you used! Great distressing, too--I'm all about distressing, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy! I almost used this sketch too! lol Your Nora is adorable! love all your distressing and card design! I love swings too and jump rope! So hopefully Nora or Rosie will be jump roping sometime! lol TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just the sweetest! Love your coloring, and those papers are calling my name! :)

Amy said...

This is so sweet Tammy! I love the papers, it's such a cheery, happy card!

LeAnne said...

Little Nora is so cute...and I just got some cute October Afternoon paper!!! This is adorable! Love that little tag, too! She'll be blessed by the thoughts behind this card, I am sure.

Juliana said...

aack!!!!
This is so incredibly sweet! I love that quilt paper with this image!!! And that little tag--WAY TOO CUTE!!!

Wonderfully done, Tammy!!

Deb Neerman said...

OMigoodness, Tammy, this is one of the cutest. cards. ever!