Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bookmark It! Class Today

I have several lovely ladies coming to my house today for my Corner Bookmark class, and these are the bookmarks we'll be making!  I'm so excited, and anxious for them to arrive so we can get started!  :)

For this first one, the tulips are from the April Showers stamp set from Flourishes, along with a Tailor-Made Classic Tag Die stamped with a sentiment from the Tiny Flowers & Tags stamp set.  The papers used here are from Lilybee Designs "Handmade" Tiny Tablet.  I added some Divine Twine, and border made with the Queen of Hearts die from The Cat's Pajamas.  Also Nestabilities Large Scalloped Square and Classic Square dies for the "frame" behind the tulips.


For this bookmark, I took some inspiration from Makiko Jones and Beate Johns and their corner bookmarks made for the Timeless Tuesday challenge last month.  This image of daisies and books is from the Flourishes "From the Desk of..." stamp set, and I added a tag again using the Tailor-Made Classic Tag Die, stamped with a Tiny Flowers & Tags sentiment.  The Nestabilities Circle is embossed with the Kassie Brocade Cuttlebug folder, and the gingham paper is Lilybee Designs "Double Dutch" Tiny Tablet.  For this one, I'm figuring on letting everyone choose their own color of gingham paper from the paper pad and coordinating cardstock and seam binding colors.  The punched border at the bottom is Stampin' Up!


This last design was also inspired by a recent corner bookmark made for the Timeless Tuesday challenge by our then Guest Designer, Tera Fujan.  I just loved what she did with her bookmark, and was going to just CASE her design completely.  But recently I picked up the Woodgrain Fence Die-Namics die from My Favorite Things, and there it was laying on my table when I set out to make this bookmark and an idea sprang into my head.  And here's the final result!  I used Purple Hydrangea and Tea Leaves Versamagic Dew Drops to ink up the lilac (from Flourishes Lilac stamp set), stamped it on kraft cardstock and then cut it out and inked the edges a little with some Antique Linen Distress ink.  The fence was also cut out with kraft cardstock and embossed to get the woodgrain effect, then inked lightly with some Tea Dye Distress ink.  The sentiment used here is from the Lenten Rose stamp set.  I figure that one leaf sticking up at the top will likely get a little raggedy after some time being used as a bookmark.  So that's why I distress the edges a little with some ink so the whole thing will just kinda' take on an "aged" look!  :)

So, those are my bookmarks for today's class!  If the interest is there, I can do this class again sometime!  Or gather a group of your friends (if you don't live close by) and I'll come to you!  :)

Happy stamping, and thanksabunch for stopping by!

3 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy these are so pretty!! I like them all but my favorite is the second one =)

I would love to learn how to make these but unfortunately I don't think we are close enough to each other lol .. I'm in Texas... hehe...
if you can send me directions I'd love that and I can paypal you if you want =)

stampqueen said...

Love all your book marks!!! Wish I could get to your class too!!! :)
Glad I could inspire ya a bit - love the fence, may have to CASE you back :)...

Theresa said...

Love these bookmarks...I think you've inspired me for my next project. Too bad I can't come to your class.