Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Overslept!


Overslept this morning, and don't have time to complete the sketch challenge before I have to leave for work, so I'm going to post a card I've made in the past!

This card was made for the SCS color challenge on June 12th and the challenge was to use Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip to create a card. All supplies used are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted. I used Cameo Coral cardstock as my card base, and stamped the Dotted background in Versamark ink. On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I stamped various images from the Big Pieces and Little Pieces stamps sets in the challenge colors, also including the optional color of Tempting Turquoise. I matted this piece with a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I then used my corner rounder to scallop the edge of a piece of Certainly Celery to mount under my focal image. Using my Riveting stamp set, I stamped "Enjoy Your Day" on Whisper White, punched out with my 1" circle punch (EK Success), and mounted it on a 1 1/4" circle punced from Chocolate Chip. I mounted this onto a chipboard die-cut tag from my Cuttlebug. I cut off one side of my chipboard to make it a "tag," rather than a "slider." (Learned this from another great stamper, Julie Buhler... check out her blog here... http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/) I also stamped the star from the center of the Riveting Circle onto Certainly Celery, punched it out using my 1/2" circle punch and mounted to the center of the circle. I tied a piece of coral grosgrain ribbon (unknown source) around my focal piece, added a piece of Certainly Celery grosgrain, and tied my tag to this using Martha Stewart baker's twine in turquoise. I then adhered the scalloped Celery piece to the card with Tombos Mono-Multi glue, and mounted my focal piece over that using dimensionals (pop-dots!) I was so happy with the way this card turned, and hope you like it too! Thanks for checking it out today!