Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another fun card!


All my spare time lately has been consumed by work, and my daughters' softball games. Seems like most nights of the week I don't get home until 9:00 p.m! I didn't get around to doing today's sketch challenge at all, although I have a really good idea floating in my head, so I may get to it later! In the meantime, here's another favorite that I made recently!
This card was created using my most favorite (to date!) paper from Basic Grey called Phoebe. The cardstock base is Brocade Blue from Stampin' Up. The green panel is matted with SU! Chocolate Chip, and the 'gator panel is mounted on a piece of Rose Red from Stampin' Up. The gator and sentiment come from the SU! set "Wild About You!" I did a rock-and-roll technique on the gator, stamping him first in Green Galore, and then rocked-and-rolled the stamp in Garden Green. I was going for a look similar to the green paper on the left-side panel! The sentiment is stamped in Rose Red on Pretty in Pink cardstock, and all but one corner of that piece is trimmed with my corner rounder punch. A 1/4" punched circle, and Brocade Blue brad adorn the sentiment piece. I used a piece of stitched organdy ribbon from the Michael's $1 bin to finish this card off! Thanks for looking! I'm planning to send this card to a new stampin' friend who has been so terrific to me! She recently had a bunch of us over to her fabulous home for a shoebox swap, and I'm going to send this to her to thank her for being my friend and hosting the fun! If she comes to check out my blog... I guess my secret is out! Love ya', Gretchen!

3 comments:

Patti said...

That Phoebe paper is too cute. What a fun card!

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

Cool! You know that Pheobe is my fav too! (Gretchen is a lucky gal!) Keep on blogging - we'll keep on reading!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammy, you are terrific yourself, I had a ball with all of you over, and this card is in great company with some of the ones I have recived from my bestest little sister in the world.. AKA Patti :)
All I can say is that I love, Love, Love this card!!