Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fun with New Products!

I figured it was about time I start using some of the new things I've purchased recently, so this is my first creation. This card was made using Stampin' Up Barely Banana cardstock as the base, and the large flourish from my new Pollen Dust stamp set from Fancy Pants was stamped using SU! Rose Red craft ink. I also stamped the base of the card with the Linen background stamp from Stampin' Up, first using Versamark ink, and then I inked the stamp again using Creamy Caramel. I stamped it off once, then stamped again on the card. I inked the edges of the card with a sponge and Creamy Caramel ink. The floral panel on the left is Antique Parchment Floral paper from Daisy D, and it is matted on a piece of SU! Ruby Red. I tied a piece of dotted organdy from Michael's around it, and added a small buckle from my Stampin' Up! Hodgepodge Hardware. I also inked the edges of the floral piece just slightly using the Creamy Caramel ink and a sponge. The main image is from Pollen Dust, and is stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory from Stampin' Up. The flower was inked with SU! Rose Red craft ink, and the leafy flourish was stamped using Versamagic Spanish Olive. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Warm Words, and is stamped in SU! Chocolate Chip ink. I again stamped the Linen background stamp on the main image using Versamark ink, and inked the edges with Creamy Caramel. This piece was then matted with a piece of Stampin' Up Always Artichoke and adhered to the card with dimensionals. Since my dear friend Gretchen bugged me all last evening to submit some work for publication, I may just find a source to submit this, if others think it is good enough! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

Very cool! I love that pollen dust set... been searching for it. Now I "know where to find it"!

Patti said...

WOW! Oh, Wow! this is most definitely a "submittable" card. I will be so disappointed if you don't send this one for publication. It's gorgeous!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations, Tammy, on starting your own blog! I just found it this morning when I saw this gorgeous card on SCS!!

I look forward to checking in on a regular basis!!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

very pretty..

Unknown said...

Tammy it turned out so beauitful! Of course love the colors and layout, Your talent is just so amazing, I am so lucky to be associated with you let alone your good friend :) Patti is right, submit, submit, submit!
Gretchen :)

Pattyjo said...

Wow Beautiful, beautiful card!