Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Super Nova/Mark's Finest Papers Blog Hop

Mark's Finest Papers gave us a challenge -- create a project, any project, but it must feature circles. We were up for the task.
The Supernovas are all using stamps from Mark's Finest Papers.
For my card, I got the newly released Southwest Cowboy stamp set, which contains some great silhouettes! One of the requirements we decided to do for this Blog Hop was to incorporate circles into our design, so my circles are in the designer papers I used, the button, and the eyelets. For the background on my tag, I used the Distress Ink technique again from Tim Holtz. I really love doing this in my designs, and this stamp set was an ideal chance to play around with some distress inks. For this, I used Aged Mahogany, Forest Moss, and Brushed Corduroy inks. I made several tags, just trying to get one that made me say "Yeah!" when I got done with it, and this one was definitely IT! Don't you think it looks like an awesome desert sunset? The rest of my card is ragged and shabbied-up with some more distress inks, and my Tonic distressing tool.

Looking for some inspiration? Check out what the other Supernovas made!

8 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Tammy! how are you? I had to pop in and say that I sure like this cowboy! cool image and card! :) jane

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great manly card, Tammy. Love the eyelets and your tag that has the cool technique on it. Awesome job (as always).

Sankari W. said...

Tammy - you created such an amazing feeling in this creation - it feels so "western" and love the way you did the little tear in the sentiment - gorgeous girl!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, you did an awesome job with this set. Awesome masculine card.

Lori said...

That tag is fabulous, Tammy! Great masculine card--love the western look and feel you created.

Barbara said...

Awesome man-card! Fabulous job on that label distressing! I need to come to your class :)

Ida said...

Fabulous card. I adore anything "Western" and this card is perfect. Love the "tag" with the cowboy.

wendyp said...

Wow! That distress ink technique is perfect with the cowboy image! Absolutely stunning, Tammy!