Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Color Throwdown #103


Hey y'all... it's time for another Color Throwdown and this week it's my turn to host! My color combo for today was inspired by Summer! I just think this is a really elegant combination for summer... I can envision a beautiful wicker patio set with floral cushions in these colors, maybe in a pattern similar to this couch. But you could also have some fun with these colors, too! Let your imagination go!

My step-grandparents just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary and my Mom asked me to make a card for her to give them, so I used today's color challenge and the sketch from Taylored Expressions to create my design. The sentiment is computer-generated and the silhouette flower stamp and Scratches Cover-a-Card background are from Impression Obsession.
Stop by the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details (and you might even find a formerly MIA member of our team who is finally back home and playing along again!) And stop at the blogs of my Throwdown sisters, including our July Guestie to see their amazing creations! (And while you're at Barbara Anders' blog... give her the raspberries for going to CHA without me!)

Makiko Jones, July Guestie

Thanks for stopping by! Happy stamping!




11 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty, Tammy! Love the butterflies!

Broni said...

Such a pretty card, Tammy! Love how you used the pearls!

Kimberly S. said...

VERY pretty!!! I LOVE the butterflies!!! GORGEOUS!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just lovely! Great layout and combo of pp! The red butterfly is just perfect!

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous!

I
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ it!

Kristin Eberline said...

Ooooh...this is beautiful also! I MUST get my hands on those silhouette flowers! I swear I have a notebook at work with the exact same images on the front...I always thought they would make a great stamp!!! Boy was I right :]

I'm certain your mom (and your grandparents) will love this card. It's perfectly elegant for them ♥

Unknown said...

So pretty, Tammy!! I love the design and muted background image....beautiful compliment with those butterflies!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the pretty, silhoutted flowers in the background. Wow. 65 years!

Heidi said...

so gorgeous! You've turned the colors into a softness I could not achieve! Wonderful creation!

Heidi

Marnie Blum said...

I like yours too! Nice subtlety in the colors and patterns giving it a wonderfully sophisticated feel.

Barbara said...

I love this! CAS and colorful--love those butterflies and pearls!