Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Color Throwdown #102


Hey all! It's time for another Color Throwdown and this week LeAnne is our hostess! She's decided that since it's been so freaky-deaky hot out that we'd work with some cool colors this week! Stop by the Throwdown blog for all the details, and to use the Inlinkz widget to link your own creation!

For my card, I decided to go to outer space with this cute Blast Off! image from Chicken Girl Designs! The layout of my card comes from the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge #121.
My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, so you can probably just barely tell that there is some Perfect Pearl shimmer sprayed onto my "moon" and I added some sparkle to the rocket ship with a few Spica glitter pens. I colored the rocket ship, then popped it up a little from the outer space sky with some foam tape squares.

Stop and see what my Throwdown sisters have created this week to inspire you!
Makiko Jones, July Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Out of this world! Love the texture, the shimmer, that little bear peeking out---cute, cute, cute!

Broni said...

This is so great, Tammy! Love all the "planets", and your coloring and sponging are both PERFECT!!

Laura Pryor said...

Perfect sketch for this image! I love the way you embossed the moon and added the shimmer! This is wayyyy cute! I love your custom senitment too!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very cute! Love the buttons and color combo.

Wanda Cullen said...

This is adorable! Love your textured moon and your sparkling details - bet you 'had a blast' making this! Sorry...couldn't resist the lame joke!

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! I love that image and the sketch is perfect for it! Love the texture on the moon too! Awesome card!

Barbara said...

CA-UTE!! Love that layout and that moon is perfect for this image!!

Unknown said...

This is super awesome, Tammy!! I love your coloring and design...fantastic space scene!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally awesome and perfect colors for that image!! You do amazing work, Tammy! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this Tammy....wonderful coloring and of course I can see my grandson's loving this too! So CUTE!
Pam Going Postal

Roxie said...

Adorable image and I like how you added the green with the button. Very cute card Tammy!

Christina Fischer said...

Fabulous!! I love the trio of buttons and the embossed moon! :)

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, this is just too cute, Tammy! Love that adorable image and it's colored so beautifully!

Hope you are well ... don't see much of you and wanted to stop by and say 'hello.' Take care!