Sunday, July 11, 2010

i {heart} papers.... i {heart} bling!

Today we have a really special blog hop and challenge going on all around the Planet! It's all about BLING! You can call it paper make-up, jewelry, bling, whatever -- it's that little bit of glaze, glitter and dazzle that you ad to your cards to give them that "finishing touch". The Supernovas are using the new Petal Press stamps, Summer Garden, for our projects from i{heart}papers and we'll show you just how versatile one stamp set can be!

For my card, I used the jar and roses, coloring them to match the Fancy Pants papers I used. I applied a little bit of Glossy Accents to the jar to simulate the glass. There's a lot of distress ink sponged on all the edges here, because I thought it was a great contrast to the pretty Prima pearls I added. The layout was inspired by the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #120.

OK, now it's your turn! Make a card with a lot of dazzle and you could win the new Petal Press stamps, In The Garden, from i{heart}papers. All you need to do is tag your card "iheartbling" and upload it to the Planet. We'll be keeping an album for everyone that shows off all the entries so far!

Looking for some inspiration? Check out what the other Supernovas made!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Tammy dear, I love how you made your card "vintage-y." Oooh, and those pearls are yummy!

wendyp said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the pearls and the way you inked it up with Distress inks!

Tethered2Home said...

I agree, such gorgeous vintage card. Lovely, kiddo.

Kim Burmeister said...

This is beautiful! Look at all of those gorgeous pearls...love it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Total yum!!! More of those gorgeous colors and I love the bling!!! Blessings to you!

Becky G said...

So pretty, Tammy! Great colors and bling!!!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful use of the pearls and a sweet card

Melissa said...

Your sketch for this week's challenge is so beautiful!! Wow! Love those jewels and the papers you chose!

Unknown said...

Lovely!!!! Truly, I want to figure the 1/2 way point b/w us and have a coloring date!!! I love how the buds are lighter than the blossoms.

Sankari W. said...

Such a gorgeous card Tammy!!! I love the distressed look and sweet sponging on your card - gorgeous bling and your coloring is da bomb!!! Beautiful!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Judy Rozema said...

So very lovely! Great bling!

Lori said...

I love the vintage look you created. Just gorgeous!

Sylvia Blum said...

this is beautiful, Tammy! LOVE the pearl swirls.. so gorgeous!
Sylvia xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic Tammy - you always make such beautiful and creative items...this is drop dead gorgeous!!!

i {heart} papers said...

So pretty! Love the vintagey feel of it all.

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, my friend! I love that perfectly colored image and the bling is a great accent to the vintage look! Fabulous card!