Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Hey everyone! Get ready to celebrate! Today we're having a Birthday Bash for the fabulous woman behind My Favorite Things, the MFT Lady herself, Kim van der Sanden! I was contacted recently by Julie Dinn from the MFT Team and asked to participate today along with 41 other friends of Kim's to help celebrate her 42nd birthday and I'm thrilled to get to join in today and wish Kim the happiest birthday ever! Kim's actual birthday is Monday, July 5th but kicking it off today gives her a whole weekend to celebrate (and won't interfere with teasers coming up from the fabulous design team this weekend.... you don't want to be too distracted, right? Otherwise you'll miss all the fabulous new stuff!)

For my birthday card for Kim, I just couldn't resist using a Pure Innocence image and Birthday Princess had to be my choice! She's just such a cutie with her pink frosted chocolate cake, and birthday crown! I am kinda' bummed though... if my photography skills were better you would see that her crown is covered in chunky gold glitter (instead of looking like it has the measles!) I was lucky enough to pick up the new Olivia paper pad from Basic Grey this week, and thought the plaid paper was adorable for her dress! I pulled out my jumbo ric-rac Die-Namics die for this card too, and added my signature ribbon/button/tag combo along with some machine stitching. The layout was inspired by the SCS sketch challenge #287.
I also decided to make a little treat bag for Kim, containing these fabulous Mocha Coffee Lentils that you've seen me use before. In fact, it was just a few weeks ago when Kim asked me to the MFT Fabulous Friend that I first used these, and had told Kim how yummalicious they are! I also told her I was going to send her some but unfortunately never got around to doing so. So now I'll get these sent for her birthday, instead! This little gift bag is a template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs, and was so easy to whip up using more paper from the Oliva 6x6 pad.
Here's the ensemble together!


Stop and visit the 41 other MFT Friends wishing Kim a Happy Birthday today, then stop at Kim's blog and send her your own birthday wishes!








Stamps: Pure Innocence Birthday Princess (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Olivia by Basic Grey)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)
Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (Creative Impressions), buttons (craft supply).

24 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS work Tammy!!

StampOwl said...

super cute Tammy

Kelli Hull said...

chocolate.... BEANS???? W HAT???? LOL

This card and giftie is SO cute and Yummy looking!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic gift set, Tammy!

Chris said...

totally adorable PI, I love her little paper pieced dress

g said...

what a sweetie!! cute papers and i love the little gift bag!!

Laura Pryor said...

How'd you get that paper so fast?! It looks fab with that adorable image! What a nice card and giftie for Kim! Really sweet!

Unknown said...

She is so adorable! I love her dress & I'm sure her crown is beautiful. I'm going to definitely have to get that stamp.

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, your card and gift bag is DELICIOUS! Your coloring is phenomenal. I want to reach through my laptop and grab those M&Ms. Awesome!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Tammy!!! LOVE your coloring, the layout, the yummies...love it all!

Carolyn King said...

SWEET card and gift! both are beautiful!

Barbara said...

What a fabulous set, Tammy! Love that treat bag and your card is gorgeous--that little plaid dress just melts my heart--I think I had one like it when I was a little girl, LOL!

LeAnne said...

Super yummilicious is right! What a cute little image, that bag is adorable and your papers (of course) are perfect! Fun little dress she's got on too!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

How cute is her little plaid dress?! And sweet gift!!! Yummy!

Julie said...

Just adorable Tammy! I love that little crown and your gift is yummy!

Kim said...

That is insanely yummy looking Tammy!!! Thanks so much for helping to make this such a special birthday!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just a yummy card and present!

Kerry Johnson said...

This is just fabulous! I love your card - the pattern you used for your paper piecing is perfect! And that gift bag is so sweet!

Sherrie said...

Love the little gift set Tammy! Cute little paper pieced plaid dress....try to say that fast 10 times!LOL!

Karen Motz said...

Such an adorable card and that treat bag...YUM!!!!!!

Michele Boyer said...

I LOVE that little plaid dress, Tammy! SO cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

My photography skills are horrible...yours look great to me!! Super cute card, too!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card!

Erin Smetak said...

What a sweet card!!!! Love the giftie you made to go w/ it!