Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Color Throwdown #101


Well, here we are embarking on the next 100 Color Throwdown challenges! I hope you're planning to come along for the ride! The Celebration last week sure was a blast, and I can't wait to announce all the winners this coming Friday! Be sure you're paying attention!

Today's challenge is being hosted (for the very first time!) by Laura Pryor! We are SO glad we decided to make her a permanent member of our team! She has fit in perfectly, and her designs are all so adorable! I love these cool colors she chose for today, and realized that these October Afternoon papers were a really good match so I ran with them!

The layout for my card is based on Mercy's fabulous Tuesday Sketch challenge #82 this week, and I played with more of my wonderful stamps from Our Craft Lounge for this creation. This set is the Dandy Days set, which I just adore!

Inside I added a little more machine-stitching, another Dandy Days stamp, and a sentiment from the Say It With Flowers clear stamp set (which must currently be sold out.)
Stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and there you'll also find the Inklinz widget to link up your own creation! Then stop and see what my Throwdown sisters have created, too!

Makiko Jones, July Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Wednesday!

15 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

Ack!!! This is simply gorgeous! I love it Tammy!!

rief;an

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous card Tammy!

wendyp said...

Beautiful!!! Blue, kiwi and kraft...oh yeah! Loving these colors!

Broni said...

What a beautiful way to use these great OCL stamps, Tammy! I love the paper you used too!!

Lin said...

What a lovely design you came up with - LOVE these colors, Tammy!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! Love dandelions on cards, but not in my yard. They remind me of the country and back home. Love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Am lovin' these dandy dandelion images (and like Kim said...they look SO much better on a card than in my yard)! It was great to see the colors posted on FB the evening before...I could lie in bed and think about my card ideas since I couldn't sleep anyway. :-)

Laura Pryor said...

Hieee!!! This really did come out FABULOUSLY!! I am totally in love with that stamp set. It's been on my To Buy list since I saw you use it last! Beautiful work!!! You used my favorite paper from October Afternoon too! Just gorgeous!!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card, I love that set and the colors of the challenge this week are great...I'll have to see if I can come across some that are similar.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh....this is so beautiful, Tammy! I love the stamps you used. Fantastic details and papers too!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

LeAnne said...

Totally awesome! I have that sketch sitting on my desk, aching to be made into something! It's funny, I was working with DH this morning and his customer had a hand towel in her guest bath that used these same images.....what a coinkydink!! So pretty, light & delicate! Love it!

dpkennedy said...

This is so purty! I love that stamp! This is a great sketch with those flowers images too! Love it!

Barbara said...

I love the way you stamped those dandies all across the bottom--fabulous design! And all those awesome details make it an amazing card! Love it!

Melissa said...

I love the image you chose for the card and how everything is flowing together.

dj said...

What an awesome week of celebration this past week!! fun fun fun!! Thanks for including me in the fun!! Another great set of colors....I love this whimsical stamp set and you have used it with such elegance!!