Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3-D Tuesday - You've Been Framed!





Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately... my Mom was visiting over the weekend and her visit combined with my needing to take a little break from all the stamping I usually am doing resulted in my absence. I hope somebody at least missed me a little bit, though!

I am hosting the 3-D Challenge today over at Paper Craft Planet and I'd love it if you join in! I have been wanting to make a simple little framed piece for a friend who recently moved into a new (to her!) house, so today's challenge is to make a framed piece!

Here are a few fabulous examples I found in the gallery at PCP...


For my piece, I used a white frame that I picked up at Target and sanded the edges a little to rough it up. My frame is free standing, but I also attached a ribbon to the back for easy hanging if Ashley should decide she wants to hang this up somewhere. The stamp set I used is from Ippity Stamps and it's called Devoted. My friend Maria Gurnsey has this set available, if you're interested! The cloudy background paper I used is from Bo Bunny, as is the Double-Dot green paper. I simply cut out 2 sizes of ovals with Nestabilities to make my "hills" and ran a little stitch along the edge of each one on my sewing machine.
So, please stop by the 3-D Tuesday Group at Paper Craft Planet and join in the fun! I'd love to see what you can frame up today!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!!!! I LOVE the frame :) Thanks for linking me up!!!!

Laura Pryor said...

I am absolutely in love with this! Love your stitching, the clouds, the EVERYTHING! Love love love!

Sharon said...

This is so cute! I know your friend will appreciate your kind thoughts and gift!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is awesome! I love the sentiment and the how you made the rolling hills. The stitching is perfect.