Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, LeAnne!

To see my Color Throwdown card, please click here.

Smiley from millan.net

One of the absolute sweetest, nicest people I have ever known is celebrating a birthday today.... LeAnne Pugliese! LeAnne and I have been online stamping friends for several years, and last fall I was lucky enough to get to finally meet her face-to-face. I'm so pleased to get to join with some other fabulous stampers to wish her a happy birthday today! You can see the list of participants at the end of my blog post.

For my card, I decided to take inspiration from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch challenge, and used my Silhouette Weeds stamps from Rubbernecker on my oval, along with the French Script background. I was searching for something to add to this as a finishing touch, and finally just pulled out some plain pink brads to add in the corners. But something told me to just sort through my little boxes and cubbies just one more time, and I came across these golden yellow KaiserCraft pearls that my sweet friend Joan Fricker sent me some time ago, and they were the perfect finishing touch! I think they really bring out the golden yellow in the strip of October Afternoon paper across the middle, don't you?
I hope you'll take the time to stop at LeAnne's blog today and wish her the happiest of birthdays! And stop by and check out the creations from the rest of the girls who are wishing LeAnne a fabulous day today!


24 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooo gorgeous Tammy!!

Kris Turner said...

Beautiful card, Tammy!
Kris, Wadsworth, OH

Kimberly S. said...

Oooooo....I love this card!!! It's so GORGEOUS!! The colors and the softness of it are just beautiful!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is FABULOUSLY GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for helping celebrate LeAnne's b'day!

Rosemary said...

just gorgeous, tammy!! love all the layers and colors!

Sue Lelli said...

You are so right! Those yellow pearls are perfect and just tie all the prettiness together!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow Tammy this is a show stopper, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Sylvia said...

Tammy, this card is absolutely awesome! What a perfect card for LeAnne's birthday!

Scrappy said...

Wonderful card! Fab. layout! LeAnne is going to be delighted!

Christina said...

This is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous job you did with the stamping, and I agree that the yellow pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

LeAnne said...

Tammy, I am sighing a sigh of great contentment, gazing at this beautiful card! Look at all those lovely pastel colors, all atop some wonderful BLUE*GINGHAM!! Gotta love gingham! Thanks so much for being a great friend and helping me celebrate my b-day in such a fun, surprising way. I am thrilled!!! XOXOXO

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, Tammy, that's some GORGEOUS stamping! Love every single detail!

Unknown said...

I just love the Siloutte Weeds! Beautiful!

Hands On said...

Beautiful colour combos. What a pretty card!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous Tammy! Absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the mix of patterned papers :)

Nance Leedy said...

Such a pretty card--so soft and shabby chic! I love silhouette flowers too! Thanks for stopping by.

suzARTe said...

this card is simply STUNNING

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Adorable butterflies!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Linda said...

Oh I love your card. This was so much fun surprising LeAnne.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my card!

Kristin Eberline said...

Wow, this is just beautiful, Tammy! Such a sweet card with the soft colors and silhouette flowers...sweet just like our LeAnne. This is absolutely PERFECT for her!

Rochelle said...

How pretty! Love the soft look of this card, it is so warm!

Jackie said...

Did I mention I love your card here too?! I am doing okay, I had a a lot fun playing this week....glad to see your keeping busy!

Melissa said...

Your card is amazing! Those butterflies are so pretty!!

Barbara said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tammy! What a wonderful card for a wonderful person!