Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Color Throwdown #315

Well, hello there!  If there’s anyone out there still following my blog then I hope you’re happy to know it’s time for another Color Throwdown challenge.  This week Jodi is our hostess with these beautiful Fall colors…
swatch 315
For my card, I decided to use a new (to me!) stamp set that I just recently got…
Color Throwdown #315 by Tammy Hershberger
The Wreath for all Seasons stamp set from Papertrey Ink has long been on my wish list, and two weeks ago I decided to do a search and see if I could find someone selling a used set, and happily I did!  So I decided to use it for my card today, along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch #241 for layout inspiration.  I stamped the wreath in Kraft hybrid ink and then did the berries with Rusty Hinge distress ink.  On the yellow card stock I stamped the BG Linen background with Versamark ink, and on the green card stock I stamped the BG Burlap background with Grout Gray hybrid ink.  The small rectangle of designer paper is from an old Simple Stories 6x6 paper pad.  I added a few copper-colored sequins for embellishment.
Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details.  And be sure to visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Tara Godfrey, October Guest Designer
Bernadette Bliss, Guest Star Stamper
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate it!

11 comments:

Lyn said...

I am still following where have you been :). Love your card, Papertrey have some gorgeous stamps but I have to restrict myself as the postal rates are a killer so try to buy from just a few companies. Think I will have to apply for a green card and move over to the USA as I also love to buy oils from there to soap and make candles with...........So many beautiful goodies come from there :)

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Tammy, that wreath is simply amazing! Very pretty card!

Crestajune said...

I'm still following you! Fabulous card, as always! That set is on my wish list too... every time Melissa Phillips uses it, I think I need it again! :) You have used it beautifully here! Hope you have a wonderful day, Tammy!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Tammy. Love the wreath. Perfect image with those colors. The sequins look awesome.

Broni said...

Love your beautiful, simple fall wreath! I'm still following you, girlfriend!

Vickie Z said...

The wreath is beautiful...score on the acquiring!! Love the LO and use of colors!

Kelly Latevola said...

Love your sweet wreath Tammy! Such fun fall colors!

Lori said...

I'm still here (just barely, but I'm still here . .. )! Your card is beautiful and perfect for fall. Love how you added the copper sequin cluster to the wreath.

Barbara said...

You already know I love this card--that wreath is one of my all time favorite stamps and you've used it beautifully! (And I'm still following you ;-))

Heather said...

A pretty card and I love the simplicity.

Kim S said...

LOVE everything about this. I love the delicate patterned paper that works so well with the wreath - and I love your layers of color!