Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Color Throwdown #313

Color Throwdown #313 cropped by Tammy Hershberger
Happy Wednesday, and happy Color Throwdown day!  I'm your challenge hostess today, and we're going all-out-Fall with these colors!  I hope you'll join us!
swatch 313
For my card, I started with the Sweet Sunday Sketch #239 for my layout and pulled out my (new to me) Giving Thanks stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.
Color Throwdown #313 by Tammy Hershberger
I stamped the leaves on the tree, then stamped them second generation for some dimension, then added a few more leaves randomly in a lighter shade of orange.  Then I used my Shabby Shutters distress marker to add some dots around the leaves, too... just a little added interest.  I also freehanded some grass at the base of the tree.  After my design was complete, I gave the whole card front a few very light spritzes with some Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine spray.
Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details.  And be sure to visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Tara Godfrey, October Guest Designer
Angie Anny, Guest Star Stamper
Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card Tammy! I love this time of year and the wonderful fall colors!

Lyn said...

Lovely card I went and checked out the stamp set.....Beautiful :)

Crestajune said...

This is so beautiful, and perfectly fall-ish! It makes me feel so cozy and happy. Awesome work, as always! Have a wonderful day, Tammy!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Tammy. Love that tree and the leaves.

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous fall creation! Love that tree as the focal point!

Melody said...

Super cute fall card!!

Joan Ervin said...

You have creates such a beautiful fall card, Tammy....I love your take on the colors and what a gorgeous tree stamp....gotta go check it out!!!

Lori said...

Beautiful fall design! Love the way you did the tree and leaves.

Barbara said...

Darling set and gorgeous card using it! You rocked these colors, gf!

Broni said...

I love this pretty card....love the new goodies!!!