Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Color Throwdown #268

swatch 268
OK, who’s ready to Throwdown some colors this week?  It’s my turn as hostess and I have this photo that inspired my color choices today.  I think you could do something bright with this for a birthday or whatever, or you could go with a muted version of the colors for a Fall card (which was my original intention, but my card took a different turn).  I hope you’ll join us over at the Color Throwdown blog and play along!
I was cruising around on Pinterest one day recently and spotted this fabulous Betsy Veldman creation and just had to try to duplicate it for my card today.  I don’t think I came close to how cute Betsy’s card is, but I tried…
CTD268
For my card, I used the Fresh Cut Florals stamps and dies from Wplus9 Design, and the chevron stamps are from the LLD Document It-Right This Way stamp set from My Favorite Things.
Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and stop and see my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Cindy Lawrence
, November Guest Designer
Thanks bunches for stopping by! 

8 comments:

Broni said...

Fabulous card, Tammy! I love it better than the original! I pinned yours!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Tammy! I think I really need that stamp set!

Vickie Z said...

Totally cute!! Love those chevrons and fresh cut florals....gorgeous Tammy!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a stunning CAS design! Love the chevron BG and those fresh cut florals are so beautiful!

Stampingcountry said...

What a bright happy card! Love the crisp white chevron background!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, CAS card. love those flowers in those colors and the texture the chevrons add!

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card...I never ever think of stamping onto embossed card. I want that chevron stamp set too..Cx

Lori said...

I love this, Tammy! The stamping, the chevron embossing--all of it!