Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hello Tulip

When I saw the beautiful photo of tulips this week on the Inspired by all the Little Things challenge blog, I knew instantly that I wanted to create a card for the challenge!  Here’s the inspiration photo…

57

My beautiful Multi-Step Tulip Garden stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps has been severely neglected, so I got it out and got it inky!  This set has always been one of my favorites, as tulips have always been a favorite for me, too.  Here’s my card…

Hello Tulip

I stamped my tulip using MFT dye inks, in order from darkest to lightest, Brick Red, Persimmon, Coral Crush and Peach Bellini.  And stamped the leaves in Jellybean Green (darkest) Jellybean Green (stamped off once for the medium layer) and Sour Apple (lightest).  I die-cut the piece after stamping using the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX Die-Namics, then masked off the scallops and sponged some Antique Linen ink around the inside perimeter.  On the background piece, I stamped  a linen background using Whip Cream ink so it’s just very subtle.  Then I added a strip of plaid paper from the Subtle Plaid 6x6 paper pack.  I used the Hand Lettered Hello die from Wplus9 Design for the sentiment, die-cut from Blu Raspberry card stock.  I cut two layers, glued them together, then applied a layer of Glossy Accents for dimenion.  I finished the card with a few sequins (plus a LOT more that I spilled as I was putting them away!)

18620171_10213379098177648_8257830821626174039_n

THAT was a fun mess to clean up!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Oh, how very pretty!

JanR said...

So lovely!

Karen Day said...

Tammy, your card is lovely! So glad that the photo inspired you :) And I'm glad that you spilled sequins, and not glitter... Thanks for joining us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things :o)

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous tulip! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Tammy!