Monday, May 15, 2017

Birthday Card and Gift

I have a co-worker who had a birthday last week, and I wanted to create a little set of note cards as a gift for her.  I saw this cute, simple card a few days prior by Laurie Willison, and it got my wheels turning.  So here’s what I did to create a set of note cards for Michele…

Michele's note cards

I used the Doodled Blooms stamps and matching Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, coloring the flowers and leaves with Copic markers.  I added a strip of die-cut grass to each card, and simple, everyday sentiments from the Essential Sentiments and More Essential Sentiments stamp sets.

For Michele’s actual birthday card, I pulled out my pretty Beautiful Day stamps from Altenew, and just created a quick watercolored card panel…

Michele's Birthday

I masked the flower and added some splatters plus some sequins for embellishment, then added a sentiment by combining the You craft die from Simon Says with a birthday sentiment.  I die-cut the panel with a die from Blueprints 22 from My Favorite Things, and added a black and white striped strip of paper from the Black & White Basics Paper Pack

Finally (speaking of Laurie Willison!) I used my new Rectangle Card Hanger die to hang the birthday card from the gift bag…

Michele's gift bag

The bag ended up being a little too big, but it was all I could find in the wee hours when I finally finished this a few nights ago!  These Card Hanger dies that Laurie designed are GENIUS!  How many times have you taken a gift to a party with your beautiful card in an envelope inside the bag?  And the recipient opens the card, looks to see who the gift is from and sticks it back into the envelope and back into the bag???  LOL  For me personally, I want the gushing over my creation from the recipient and guests, amiright?!?!  And with these cool dies, you can hang your card proudly on the front of the bag, and the whole room will be heard saying “did you see that gift bag with the gorgeous card?”  :)  Gotta’ love it!

Thank you for stopping by again today!

3 comments:

Dolly LaBelle said...

Oh my gosh, it is so nice to see you back with all your lovely cards! Missed your posts!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this gorgeous card set!

JanR said...

What a brilliant idea! Such a wonderful card too!