Monday, August 15, 2016

Curtain Call–Flamingo

Hello friends, happy Monday!  (IS there such a thing?)  It’s time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration challenge, and here is the inspiration photo…

August 15

Now, who can’t have fun with this?  Flamingoes are so fun to use in stamping designs, and I know there are a lot of them out there to choose from!  And if you don’t have anything flamingo-themed, just be inspired by the colors or just a tropical theme.  The challenge is open to your interpretation.  By participating, you could be chosen as the Lead for our next challenge, so stop over at the Curtain Call blog for all the details!

Here’s my card…

Curtain Call-Flamingo

I pulled out my rarely used LLD Flamingo Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, and the LLD Tickled Pink stamps to create my card.  I was inspired by the flamingoes in the inspiration photo, of course and also the great turquoise green tones in the phone case at the bottom, so I created a watercolor background for my flamingo to rest on.  I added a splash of yellow along the side for a more tropical feel.  The sentiment was stamped on vellum, and the second half of the sentiment “that it’s your birthday” is stamped on the inside.  My card layout was inspired by the current CAS(E) this Sketch #185.

Please be sure to stop over at the Curtain Call blog for all the challenge details, and join us!  You could be in the running to be chosen as the “Lead” and be our guest designer for the next challenge!  And be sure to visit the Crew for plenty of inspiration…

Betty Wright
Kim Singdahlsen
Leigh Penner
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Mangan
Marisa Ritzen
Maureen Plut
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Sheri Gilson
Silke Ledlow
Stacey Schafer
Tara Godfrey

Thanks a bunch for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, that flamingo looks great with polka-dots! Love the background too... the blue water coloring looks so cool!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love that fun background and polka-dotted flamingo! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Tammy!

Celeste Goff said...

Love that awesome embossed and watercolored background and that little vellum strip is perfect!

Ida said...

This is so cute. I love the background you created and also the touch of yellow to give it a little more of a tropical feel.