Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hi stampy friends!  Happy Valentine’s Day!  I hope you’re ready for a day full of love.  At my house this evening there will be a romantic dinner consisting of filet mignon, seared scallops, roasted asparagus and cherry cheesecake!  No, we don’t eat like that on a regular basis!  LOL  It’ll be a romantic dinner for three, since our youngest daughter is by her lonesome right now, having recently had a bad break-up.  :(

For Kelsey, I plan to give her this card along with a Starbucks gift card…

Don't Go Breakin' My Heart by Tammy Hershberger

I got my very neglected Bear Hugs stamp set from The Cat’s Pajamas out to make this card. and decided to play along with the Anything Goes challenge at TCP.  I also used the colors from the Colour Q challenge #279 this week (red, black, neutral and newsprint), and the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #225 for the layout.  On the red panel behind the bear, I used a few circular heart stamps from the Loving Mew TCP stamp set. (I think that set might be retired.)  On the cream card stock panel, I stamped an Impression Obsession newsprint background using Grout Gray hybrid ink from My Favorite Things, and overstamped the newsprint in Cherry Crisp hybrid ink (stamped off once) using the Tiny Hearts background.

On the inside I added another sentiment from the Bear Hugs stamp set, and another background stamped with the Tiny Hearts background.

Don't Go... inside by Tammy Hershberger

And this card, even though it might be a little girly with all that pink, is for my husband…

Love You More by Tammy Hershberger

Maybe the kraft card stock will feel more manly to him?  For this one, I used the new Love Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, and Smitten With You stamp set.  My hubby texts me and our daughters every morning with “I love you” and very often my reply is “I love you more!” so I just had to make his Valentine with that phrase.  On the kraft card stock panel, I used the Tiny Hearts background, and on the pink card stock behind the panel I stamped the Diagonal Stripes background.  I embellished with some die-cut hearts from the LJD All My Love stamp set, some sequins, and some pink and white baker’s twine.  On the smaller heart, and the letters I added some sparkle from a Wink of Stella pen, but darned if it doesn’t show up in the photo.

I wish you all a big lovey-dovey day!  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love them both, but REALLY love the kraft and pink one!! Happy Valentine's Day...your menu sounds heavenly!

Lin said...

Tammy, LOVE both your cards today, but that Teddy is just too cute! Happy Valentine's Day!

Claire said...

Can I come to your house for dinner please? These are just stunning - the stamped heart backgrounds are gorgeous on the first...love the subtle detail you've created. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Ida said...

Both cards are wonderful. I'm glad your daughter has you to enjoy the day with. (Break-ups are never easy to handle). Sounds like a delicious meal is being planned.

Celeste Goff said...

Two amazing cards Tammy!

Nancy Thomas said...

Two sweet cards Tammy but of course I am partial that bear. You colored him up beautifully. Sounds like a fab dinner too!

Linsey R said...

Both cards are absolutely darling Tammy! Your daughter is sure to love that sweet bear card and I'm certain your hubby loved his card just as much!! Thanks for sharing them both and I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)