Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Treat Boxes


There is a family at our church with four of the cutest little kids that I just adore! And our husband and wife Youth Pastors have two darling little girls that I also just love to pieces. So I wanted to give each of them a little treat at church on Sunday for Valentines Day!

The Project of the Month at The Cat's Pajamas is this great little treat box designed by Amy Rohl, you can see here (and get the FREE instructions!) So I picked up some snack size Hershey bars today, and got to work! (Thanks to Julie Masse for showing her version of this little box today and giving me the idea for the Hershey bar!) I altered the size of mine slightly because of the size of the candy bar, and the fact that I knew I wasn't going to do any stamping on these. (I worked 9 hours on Saturday and spent the evening baking for a pie auction at church... these had to be simple! LOL) I added some designer paper to each one, cut out some of the smallest hearts from the Hearts Trio Cut-Ups die, and tied everything on with matching ribbons and Divine Twine.
The instructions call for a sheet of cardstock cut 2 1/4" x 11", and score at 4 and 4 3/4". I cut my cardstock 2 1/4" x 9 1/4" and scored at 3" and 3 3/4".
These were pretty quick to whip up! If you need some last minute treats for your child to take to school on Monday, you could get these done! Give it a whirl! (Or save the idea for the next holiday!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

I love these Tammy! They are fabulous!! xx

Alma de la Rosa said...

These are just the sweetest! Wish I was one of the lucky six.

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy these are so adorable!!! I am definitely going to attempt this! thanks for sharing!

Donna Huisinga said...

Really cute! Would love to make today but I can't get the downloadable to work.

Barbara said...

Adorable, Tammy! Those kids are gonna love them!

Betty Wright said...

Totally fabulous and scrumptious to boot! You had me at the chocolate, though! LOL! Awesome treat creations, Tammy!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, these are fabulous! What fun colors and patterns! Can't wait to check out the details on making some myself!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are just CUTE!!