Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend Designs



My Mom and step-Dad were visiting this past weekend, and we had our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. It was delicious! Thanks to the fact that my stamping room is back upstairs and not down in the basement, I still managed to do some stamping while they were here, and even had the pleasure of having my Mom sit beside me to watch and chat with me while I stamped and colored! (Hi Mom! Are you reading this?)

However, for this first card, she was not at my side because I did not sleep a WINK Saturday night, and finally gave up trying at 4:30 a.m. on Sunday. So I got up and checked out the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS, and decided to play along. MrsBoz is the Featured Stamper this week, so I chose this card from her gallery to CASE and create my card. I used a new stamp set I recently got from Papertrey Ink called Everyday Button Bits and some fun new paper from October Afternoon.
I started making this card because I have this stamp at the store and it isn't selling. But then I got carried away and used items on the card that I don't have at the store, so.....
I made this one instead! The Mary & Joseph stamp is from Whipper Snapper Designs. The "O Come" sentiment is from Inkadinkado, and the "Celebrate the Season" sentiment is from Hero Arts. Papers are from Imaginisce and Basic Grey "Eskimo Kisses" respectively.
And finally, here's another card made because the stamp is gathering dust on the store shelves, so I decided to make a sample card to hopefully inspire people to buy! This one is from Impression Obsession, and the papers are from the Belle 6x6 pad from KaiserCraft.
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, Tammy! These are fantastic! I really, really love the Joseph and Mary cards! Great coloring.

Lynn Put said...

These are all wonderful cards Tammy!
Hope your able to get some sleep.

LeAnne said...

Well, at least you put your non-sleeping time to good use! These are awesome! I LOVE that Christmas tree!

Firenze said...

All such lovely cards - my favourite is definitely the button card!
TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards

Claudia F. said...

The cards are beautiful ! I know what you mean about not sleeping, it's driving me crazy. Do you do anything for it?
Claudia
scfranson@chibardun.net

Candy said...

Wow these are all fabulous Tammy!! Glad your feeling better, well at least feeling better long enough to make these gorgeous cards!! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner and had your mom to chat with while making them!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Maaaannnnn, I was so excited when I saw your Button Bits card until I read that you bought the set! LOL I should have stamped up some different images. I REALLY should have stamped them on their own pre-cut pieces anyway. Probably hard to use otherwise. Anywho...LOVE all four of your cards! I'm so envious that you get to use stamps that aren't selling to make eye candy for your customers as a paying gig! Please hire me in three years when I retire! LOL We would be GREAT co-workers. Heck, I'll even work FOR you! :O)

Love all the color palettes you used and that fab patterned paper! I really really need to start investing! Hope your sales pick up on those adorable stamps!!

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW'za, fantastic cards!! My heart LOVES them all and such fun layouts... perfect and inspiring to me Tammy! :)

Marie Bingaman said...

No one is buying those stamps? That's just crazy...Mary and Joseph are too cute, and the tree is gorgeous! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Holy cow are you productive in the middle of the night!!!! All your cards are darling! Glad you had fun with your mom! I know what that's like ;-)!!

Christina Fischer said...

Wow, you've been busy! All of your cards are fantastic, Tammy! :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the Mary and Joseph cards...so sweet of an image. You do good work lady. Pat

Jenny Gropp said...

WOWzers! Awesome cards, Tammy!!! Your blog always has such yummy candy for the eyes!!!