Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cheers

Hi friends!  Have you played yet with the new Distress Oxide inks?  Well, they’re not really that new… I guess they’ve been around a few months now, but I finally picked up just four colors of them this past weekend, and LOVE them!  I have had to restrain myself from buying more, though… I’m trying to curb my spending.  Raise your hand if you buy more stamps and crafting supplies then you will EVER use!?!?!  Yep, I’m raising BOTH hands!  But anyway, with just four colors to use, I’m still having fun experimenting with them.  On Sunday, I decided to use them to color these wine bottles, and made this card…

Cheers

This was made for a very good wine-loving (well, she’s pretty impartial when it comes to ANY alcohol!) friend.  For the first bottle, I just used an aquabrush to apply some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink to watercolor card stock, then just kept playing with it, spraying with water and drying until I had a neat look.  For the “green” bottle, I got creative with Fossilized Amber and Broken China Distress Oxide inks.  It didn’t turn out quite as green as I had hoped, but still created a great shade of blue, I think!  I used the Wine Service Die-namics from My Favorite Things to die-cut wine bottles, then on the purple bottle I sponged some Dusty Concord Distress ink on the left side for dimension.  And on the green-blue bottle, I sponged some Pine Needles Distress ink.  I added the Cheers die-cut from gold glitter card stock.  I added the BG Wood Plank in the background, and a miscellaneous piece of golden yellow striped designer paper, along with some Champagne sequins for embellishment.  On the inside I added a sentiment from the Uncorked stamp set.

So, cheers!  And thanks for stopping by!

No comments: