Friday, September 2, 2016

Color Throwdown #408

Hello friends!  The current Color Throwdown challenge #408 is like my nemesis... I SO don't do well with primary colors!


But I decided to give it a go and am glad I did!  I'm offering up this hint, if it helps someone else out.  Sometimes when I need to use colors that are outside my comfort zone, I try to find an image to color that will allow me to use all the colors.  So, this handsome gnome holding a pot of flowers was PERFECT for this challenge!


See!?  The gnome and the mushroom were just perfect to incorporate all four colors!  The gnome is from the Birdie Brown You Gnome Me stamp set from My Favorite Things, and I colored him with Copic markers.  I also used the Grassy Fields Die-Namics, the Radiant Sun Die-Namics, the Rectangle Frames Die-Namics, and Blueprints 24 for my card.

Stop by the Color Throwdown blog and join my besties for this challenge!

5 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Love that adorable little gnome Tammy! Beautifully done!

Tara Godfrey said...

Super cute, Tammy! You ROCKED the primary colours, hun, they scare me a bit too but I'm inspired by your sweet Gnome and I'm going to use your great tip of colouring up an image with the primary colours.
Hugs, t

Wanda Cullen said...

This gnome image really was so perfect for these colors! LOVE the way your adorable scene pops against the subtler background! Always happy when I see you've joined us in the gallery! :-)

Vickie Z said...

Perfect my friend! Perfect hint too... I think of the same thing!! So happy you played along!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card, Tammy! Your coloring on this cute gnome looks awesome and I love the fun scene you created. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.