Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mom!

So, a good daughter who happens to have a card-making arsenal at her disposal is obligated to make a birthday card for her Mom, right?  Even if her stamping mojo is in the dump, right?  Yeah... that's what I thought.  Well, mojo in the dump or not I had to come up with something.  So, to get my Mom's birthday card made recently, I took some inspiration from one of my favorite stampers, and CASE'd this card from Kay Miller.

Here's my version.  Not nearly as cute, but my Mom loved it, so that's all that matters!


The Large Desert Bouquet stamp set and matching Die-Namics from My Favorite Things are just so fun to work with!  I might just sit one day and stamp a bunch of these flowers in all colors, just to be able to throw them on a card like this, and have it made in a snap!  I used a variety of hybrid inks for the design, and added some shading to the two biggest flowers with a Copic marker.  The sentiment, from Birthday Wishes & Balloons was stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink.

Yes, I think I definitely just need to sit and stamp a whole garden of these flowers!  :)  Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card Tammy! And yes, a daughter with a card making arsenal at her fingertips is REQUIRED to make her mom a card. LOL

JanR said...

Of course she loved it, it's totally lovely! Gorgeous colours too.

Lyn said...

Your card is gorgeous and don't doubt that your Mum really loved it <3

Diane Noble said...

STUNNING card, Tammy. Love the bright, pretty colors and your photography is fabulous. Love it.

Susan R. Opel said...

You've been spotted!

http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedJuly5

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things