Monday, November 9, 2015

A Latte Birthday Wishes

Happy Monday!  Well, OK... maybe it's not THAT happy?  I'm bummed that the weekend is over because I spent the last three days in a hotel conference room with some of the best stamping friends ever, and all we did all weekend was stamp, eat, stamp, talk and STAMP!  It was awesome... can't wait to do it again in the Spring!  I managed to crank out 8 cards, which is less than what I had hoped for but still pretty good.  One of the cards I made included this one, using the current Sweet Sunday Sketch #294 for the layout... 

A Latte Birthday Wishes 

I used the LLD Stay Cool stamp set, and LLD Cool Cup Die-Namics from My Favorite Things for this card.  The cup was die-cut from watercolor paper, and I used an ink blending tool to add Ground Espresso, Vintage Photo, and Antique Linen distress inks to look like the cool coffee drink.  I used an aquabrush to smooth out the colors a little, then when I was satisfied I used a watered-down mixture of Glossy Accents to give the cup a shiny look.  This photo below shows a little bit of that gloss, as well as the acetate dome-lid on the cup… 

A Latte close-up
Hopefully she won't see this before next Saturday as I made this card for my Starbucks loving niece, who has a birthday coming up!  And because it’s for my niece, this fits perfectly into the “Create Something with the Letter N” challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

I hope you had a great weekend, and that your week is off to a good start!  Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Sounds like a really fun (and productive) weekend! Getting together with stampy friends is the best!

Michelle said...

Cute card, Tammy! Your drink looks delicious! Thanks for linking your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Don't forget to mention the challenge in your post so that you'll be eligible to win the $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp! Happy Stamping and thanks again. ~Michelle

Celeste Goff said...

Oh, this is gorgeous and I love the ombre inking!

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE!! Sounds like an AWESOME weekend! I could use one of those!!

Kathy Straw said...

The watered down glossy accents was a brilliant idea. I might just have to copy that idea.

Stephanie Eaken said...

What a cool card!! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS-Ual Chic!!!