Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Color Throwdown #352

Color Throwdown #352 cropped
Hello friends!  It’s Wednesday, and time for another Color Throwdown challenge!  This week, I’M the hostess and I hope you will love the colors I’ve chosen as much as I do!
Where I work, we always have to have a bunch of pens on the front desk and I love to check out the little pails in the $1 Spot at Target whenever I go in.  I found this little bucket a few weeks ago, and the more I looked at it sitting there on my desk, the more I thought “hey, those would be some great colors to Throwdown!”  So here you are…
swatch 352
I think you’ll find a lot of options with these colors… masculine, summery, nautical maybe?  Have fun!
Here’s my card…
Color Throwdown #352
This is the second of three cards my neighbor asked me to make recently.  She said her daughter loves nature and quilts, and all I could think of was how perfect these One with Nature stamps from Simon Says Stamp would be for the card!  I stamped the leaves in Versamark on Ranger Distress Watercolor card stock, then heat embossed them with detail white embossing powder.  Then over the leaves I applied a watercolor wash of Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio distress inks.  After everything dried, I spattered the card stock with some Steel Grey dye ink from My Favorite Things, as well as some Perfect Pearls, and water.  Then I die cut the Wishing die from Simon Says with Steel Blue and Steel Grey card stocks from MFT, and layered them to create a shadow effect.  Under the die-cut I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink from the Sending and Wishing stamp set.  A few sequins completed my design.
Be sure to stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration… Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Valentyna Komisarenko, July Guest Designer
Dawn Easton, Guest Star Stamper
As always, thank you so much for stopping by and for your comments!

11 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! I love this color combo!

Amy Rohl said...

What an awesome card, so trendy and cool! LOVE this color combo and hope to get time to play along this week!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love those funky new leaves in the white embossing! These colors were really fun to play with and they make an awesome background on your card!

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card Tammy - that stamp set is on my wishlist (why can't I have everything I want). Very creative.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card and inspiration object. :) Love the white embossed leaves with the water colored background. The die-cut word is just perfect. I love that die to bits and pieces. :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Totally gorgeous card, Tammy! Just love all grays, and leaves, and everything!

Broni said...

Fabulous card and awesome colors this week, Tammy! I HAVE to get some of the Citron Distress ink. Love the color!

Ina G said...

Love your take on the challenge this week. Great blending of the colours and I love the little splatters. I am loving all the word dies that are all the rage at the moment. Sure make an impact. Thanks for a great challenge - loving the colours and look forward to the next one.

Cindy Beach said...

This card is gorgeous, Tammy! I love the way you added the gray with spatters and your use of this stamp set is amazing! I never mentally connected this set with quilting but I think it's a perfect fit.
Thank you, Tammy for your kind comment. Yes, they were the perfect colors for the challenge. I love this combo!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Tammy! so luv this, the stamping and watercoloring is FAB! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! I am having one last giveaway this week on my blog to celebrate my birthday, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/07/final-week-of-my-birthday-month-giveaway.html

sparkle & shine *~*

Unknown said...

Those colors together are simply stunning!! Beautiful card!!