Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Color Throwdown #334

Color Throwdown #334 cropped by Tammy Hershberger

It's time for another Color Throwdown, and this week I'm hosting the challenge.  I bought a new Vera Bradley purse a few weeks ago in my favorite color (love me some orange!) and thought "these colors would make for a good challenge!"  So I hope you'll join us this week and create some orange, pink and navy things for me to see.

swatch 334

Several weeks ago, that darn ol' Broni made another card that had me drooling... she's very good at inspiring me and forcing me to spend money!  Only problem was, the Circle Scribbles die she used on this card was sold out when I went to buy it.  But lo and behold, if My Favorite Things didn't come to my rescue with their recent release and now I have the darling LJD Scribbles Die-Namics to use instead!  Here's my card...

Color Throwdown #334 by Tammy Hershberger

I cut the Scribbles from Cotton Candy card stock, then added some flowers from the Wplus9 Design Studio Fresh Cut Florals stamped in orange inks.  The navy blue card stock background was embossed with a chevron stencil, and I finished the design with a sentiment flag and enamel dots.

Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration.

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Holly Brown, March Guest Designer
Julie Beech, Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a pretty card! I love the bright colors against that dark navy card stock!

Lisa H. said...

this is is lovely, tammy! beautiful colors and beautiful flowers you created.

Lin said...

Gorgeous colors, Tammy, and I love your take on them!

Unknown said...

I love the colors, so ready for brightness! Wonderful card !

Wanda Cullen said...

Glad I'm not the only one that ole' Broni enables - lol! LOVE this card, Tammy, and the colors were a fun combo to play with!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love, love this card!!! These are not my typical colors so I want to play!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tammy. Love the dry embossed background. The dark background looks great with the pretty images... the scribbles die piece look amazing! WANT it!

Julie B said...

Love the deep blue embossed background and the die cut swirl, I wondered where it came from. I may have to spend too!
Thanks for having me as GSS. :)

Vickie Z said...

Love it Tammy!! These colors are wonderful...I am an orange girl myself!!

Barbara said...

Love those sweet flowers on that dark background! Really makes a statement!

Holly said...

I love this card!! That cluster of flowers is beautiful with the navy blue background. I'm going to have to copy this layout - it's awesome. :-)

Broni said...

Darn Ol' Broni here! Tammy, this card is awesome!! Your happy flowers and that new cool scribble thingy look fabulous on the dark blue background. Now I've got to try this color combo again!!

Lori said...

Just perfect! Love your sweet floral arrangement with the pink scribble behind it.