Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Watt’s Up?

I HAD to decompress by the time I got home from work last night, so sitting down for some stamping was just what I needed.  The Retro Sketch #121 for this week provided me with some good inspiration to get started with this card…
RS121
My not-yet-inked LLD Watt’s Up? stamp set from My Favorite Things finally got some use for this card.  My sister is an electrician, so I think I might send this to her just for the heck of it…she’ll get a kick out of the play on words!  The sentiment is stamped in Steel Gray hybrid ink, and I die-cut the Die-Namics Light Bulb from Sweet Tooth card stock,
Steel Grey card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, and some metallic silver shimmer card stock.  Behind the filament, I sponged some Banana Split hybrid ink for a little “glow.”  My card base is Orange Fizz card stock, and I layered with Berrylicious card stock stamped with the BG Grid background in Sno Cone hybrid ink.  Behind the Berrylicious panel I stamped a border from the LLD Border It-Mod Borders stamp set with Tangy Orange hybrid ink.  I finished the design with some flags cut from Blueprints 13 and some enamel dots.

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.
Stamps:  LLD Watt’s Up?, LLD Border It-Mod Borders, BG Grid background
Card Stock:  Sweet Tooth card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Steel Grey card stock
Inks:  Steel Grey hybrid ink, Banana Split hybrid ink, Sno Cone hybrid ink, Tangy Orange hybrid ink
Dies:  Die-Namics Lightbulb
Accessories:  enamel dots (Doodlebug)

Many, many thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate your visits and comments!

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun card! Your sister is going to love it!

Unknown said...

LOVE that play in words, lucky Sis you have :)


Tam Hess
http://cardmakingartists.com