Monday, August 26, 2013

One Good Apple

KSS082613
My card for Kitchen Sink Monday fits right in with this time of year.  I picked up this great Simple Stories “Smarty Pants” paper pad a few days ago, so I just had to make a school-themed card for today, using the 3-Step School Days stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  I stamped my apple with Memento Love Letter for layers #1 and #2 (I stamped off once for #1), then Rhubarb Stalk and Lilac Posies for #3 and #4.  The leaf was stamped with Memento Pistachio and Bamboo Leaves.  The layout for my card comes from the Retro Sketch #78 for this week.
If you have kiddos that headed back to school this past week, I hope they’re doing well!  For me, it just means getting closer to what will soon be an empty nest at my house, so it’s bittersweet.  My youngest is very independent, so I haven’t had to do much to help her get prepared for school this year.  My oldest is looking into nursing school, so it’s definitely been a time of transition for both of my daughters.
Be sure to stop and see the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew members today, with some inspiring KSS designs for you…
Maria Colosimo, owner
Julie Masse
Connie McCotter
Lisa Somerville
Lynn McAuley
Happy stamping, and thanks for stopping by!
signature 3

10 comments:

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous - so much to look at - and that apple looks good enough to eat!

Dolly LaBelle said...

Bright, colorful and so well blended together. This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it!

Ida said...

This is fabulous. Perfect for back to school. I love the papers and that cool looking apple.

Gisela said...

Awesome card, too cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super duper fun, Tammy - I love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at RetroSketches this week!

Cathy Weber said...

I am so happy to start seeing Fall cards...that beautiful shiny apple just makes me smile!

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable Tammy! It would be perfect for Sean's teacher :)

Patrice said...

Great use of the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-235.html

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So cute!!!! Adore that big shiny apple!