Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Sweetness of Friendship

Did you catch my Create with Me Monday post over on the Flourishes blog yesterday?  I did a whole tutorial on how to do the chalkboard technique!
Here’s one more card I made as part of the tutorial…
FLLC Chalkboard Tutorial 3
This card uses some really pretty new paper I picked up recently from My Mind’s Eye, and the beautiful Sweetness of Friendship single stamp from Flourishes.  For the chalkboard effect, I used some Flourishes Classic Black cardstock,
Versamark ink, Versamagic Cloud White ink, an embossing buddy and white embossing powder.  To finish my card I added some rolled roses, a seam binding bow and some Kaisercraft pearls colored with the W3 Copic marker from the Warm Neutrals collection.
And here is the card that actually appears in the tutorial…
FLLC Chalkboard Tutorial 1
This card uses new Crate Paper and the Just My Type stamp set from Flourishes, which is SO ideal for this technique.  Again, I’ve used the Flourishes Classic Black cardstock,
Versamark ink, Versamagic Cloud White ink, the embossing buddy and white embossing powder.  My design is finished with some machine stitching, a Poppy button and some Ivory Jute.
I really hope you’ll give this technique a try!  If you do, please link up your creation in a comment so I can see your beautiful work!
Happy stamping!
signature 3

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love both of these!!

KimCreate said...

Yes, I did catch your video tutorial and plan to try it real soon! I love your card today and yesterdays!

administrator said...

Hi

I'm an editor's assistant and I help run a blog called "Weekly Scrapper".
My company has shown an interest in a project of yours, we'd like to repost it on our blog and facebook page.
Our facebook page has a 100k+ fans and counting.

Here is a link to the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SCRAPBOOKEXPO

It would be great if you could email me back, we're always looking for Great content!
Also, please reference this blog post / project and (Stamping, General, Sweetness of Friendship)

Sincerely,

Nick Cianflocco
Nick@scrapbookexpo.com
Weekly Scrapper Editors Assistant
WeeklyScrapper.com
Scrapbookexpo.com