Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Color Throwdown #190


It's time for another Color Throwdown and this week Lori is our hostess with this cool color combo.  I was a little lacking in turquoise cardstock, and really wanted to use the aqua blue starry paper that's behind my bunny so I changed it up a little, substituting Pool Party instead (it's like light turquoise, right?)  I couldn't wait to ink up my new "Wish" stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas for my card.  I just {heart} that big-eared bunny SO much!  The starry paper I used is from Jillibean Soup, and the yellow patterned paper is October Afternoon.  I added more stars by embossing the background cardstock, and finished things off with a green wrinkle ribbon.



I'm kinda' sad today (*sniff-sniff*) because we have to bid farewell to team member Kristin Eberline.... but I hope it's not a permanent farewell and one day when life slows down, she'll be back!  In the meantime, please help us welcome our May Guest Designer, the fabulous Kittie Caracciolo!




Thanksabunch for stopping by today!  Happy stamping!


13 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy this is a very cute card. I like how you did the stars in the background and I must say that the long eared bunny is adorable!

Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

wendyp said...

total cuteness!!!! i don't know what it is about grey, but I am loving it in color combos these days! Fabulous card, Tammy!

Queen Mary said...

Tammy - adorable! I don't always comment, but I always visit and you never disappoint -- you bless me every day you post! Thanks for that!

Kerri said...

When I saw this card I think an actual AHHH came out of my mouth! This is so stinkin' CUTE!!! I just love it:)

Lynn Put said...

This is too stinkin' cute! Love this adorable image and all of the stars with the embossed back ground and designer paper!

Kittie said...

Tammy girl, this is so precious. What a sweet image and wonderful layout.

Kittie said...

PS.....I miss you!

dpkennedy said...

This is SO cute! I love the way you trimmed that bunny and popped him up! Adorable card!

Lynne said...

This card is adorable. I love the stamp and what you did with it. Also reminded me that I have the background stars and should get them out from where they are hiding.

Broni said...

Fabulous card, Tammy! I LOVE the pool party substituted for the turquoise and I especially love how you colored all of the background of the fussy cut bunny!

Wanda Cullen said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the sentiment and the way you cut around the image and popped it over the circle!

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling little bunny, Tammy!!! Your coloring is sooo pretty and I love the star texture in the background!!!!

Lori said...

This is just the cutest, Tammy! That fussy cut bunny is a stand-out! Love the starry paper behind the bunny and the star embossed background panel.