Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Color Throwdown #92


We've got another great Color Throwdown challenge for you this week, and Barbara is the hostess. Check out the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, then put on your creative caps and give these pretty colors a try!

For my card, I chose to use my fresh-from-the-mailbox-because-she-ships-lightning-quick stamp set from Taylored Expressions! This is "Hangin' Out" and I just had to get this set because the idea behind it came from my awe-mazing friend and Paper Craft Planet sister, Sankari Wegman! It's a super-cute stamp set, with lots of options for different things to hang on the clothesline! I also used the sketch challenge from Taylor's blog for this week for the layout.
See what my awe-mazing Throwdown sisters have created for this week for further inspiration!

Laura Pryor, Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by!








Stamps: Hangin' Out (Taylored Expressions)Cardstock: Old Olive, Kraft, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (October Afternoon)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Soft Sky (SU!), markers (Copic)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), brads (SU!), flower punch (Carl).

15 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Very cute card Tammy!!! I love the colors.
You are just so creative!!!

AShu93 said...

This is really great! I love it all - how you matched the onesie to the paper, how you distressed the dot embossing, the little flowers & your coloring is fantastic as usual!

Kim Burmeister said...

This is darling! I love how you paper pieced the onesie. Cute, cute, cute!

Broni said...

LOVE this, Tammy! Your coloring is spot on, and I love the airbrushed edges and how perfectly the clothesline fits into that oval! Too cute!

Barbara said...

What adorable little images, Tammy! Love that PP onesie and what a great take on the layout! Love what you did with my colors!

LeAnne said...

Gee whizzies, this is as cute as a button! Perfect for a little baby card!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is just fantastically adorable, Tammy! What expert shading and WOW, look at the airbrushed edges....awesome!

Kristin Eberline said...

Giiiirrrrlllll...this is AWESOME! Your coloring always puts a smile on my face :] LOVE how you showcased the baby items on the clothesline and paperpieced the onesie. Your take on Taylor's sketch is SUPERB! I recognized it right away and LOVED what you did!!!

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Tammy! This is so great! I've had my eye on this set. It's fabuloso!! Your coloring is amazing and I love what you did with the TE sketch!

dpkennedy said...

This is sooo cute! I love this layout and the different pp are perfect together! Adorable card!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW this is tooooo stinkin' cute Tammy!!! Love this adorable card!!! Your coloring & paper piecing are perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

Taylor said...

Hi Tammy! Thanks for participating in the TESC112 sketch challenge! I absolutely love your Hangin' Out card... so sweet! I selected your card as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/05/tesc112-top-crops.html

And here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

Donna Baker said...

oh my what an adorable card, Tammy! congratulations on Top Crop pick!!

Jess Willison said...

Congrats on your Top Crop! Such a gorgeous card! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this set in the mail!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute card Tammy! Love the great images... and colors! I just got that set myself. Can't wait to ink it up. :o)