Friday, August 21, 2009

Stamp Simply #101 - Let's Polka!


The Stamp Simply #100 party is over, but we're still dancing! In fact, we're doing the Polka today! (And me being a good German girl, who grew up with Polkafests every weekend in Northwest Ohio... I know how to polka!) But for your Stamp Simply challenge today, we're playing with polka dots! That's it... easy-peasy! Just create something with polka dots!

For this coming school year, I am the one-woman committee to provide occasional treats for the teachers and support staff at Kelsey's school. Nothing fancy, just maybe once a month I was asked to provide some kind of little good cheer, pick-me-up surprises. So, for the first day of school on Monday I got sour apple candy canes, pulled out my Just Rite Stamps small letter set, and a set of Hero Arts apple stamps, and created some apples for the teachers! For the challenge, I used polka dot ribbon, and even some of my apples have polka dots!
Here are ALL 42 of the treats! Actually, it looks like a lot but these came together very quickly, including all the circles and scallops cut with Nestabilities!
Stop at Sharon Johnson's blog for complete challenge details, and to see her fabulous sample! Then be sure to stop and see what the other Stamp Simply girls have to inspire you on their blogs!

Pat Adam, August Guest Designer

Happy Friday! I for one am glad the week is over! Hope your day is fabulous!








Stamps: Small Letter Set (Just Rite Stampers), apples (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: green, yellow (Bazzill scraps), white (Neenah)
Inks: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Memento Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves (Tsukineko)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (Offray).

20 comments:

Connie M. said...

These are just sooo adorable, Tammy! I am very sure they are all gonna love them!!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Very Cute!

Darlene said...

These are so cute & clever!!! WOW ... there's a lot of them ... no wonder I haven't heard much from you ... busy, busy, busy!!!! These are truly adorable and how sweet of you to be this "one woman committee".

Janine said...

You are the best Tammy!! Love your little treats!!
Have a good weekend....

jaymack said...

These are great. I am so addicted to Justrite stampers. Hey, I can polka too!

Carol L said...

What a cute project, sure to please anyone and everyone! TFS

LeAnne said...

How sweet!!! I would like to see a polka--that would be a first for me! For now I will just be happy looking at your polka dots!

Norine said...

just adorable perfect gifts
Hugs
Norine

The Rubber Maid said...

Those are not only cute but hey they are eatible...how great is that! Adorable treat package. Pat

Deborah Saaranen said...

So creative Tammy-- I work at a school, and I love when we get special little treats!

Michele Kovack said...

These are absolutely the cutest!

AJ said...

adorable Tammy- love those little treats! what a fun project!

Rachel Hope said...

FUN!!! (But seriously thats a lot of die cutting!!!)

Barbara said...

How stinkin' CUTE!! The teachers will love them!!! Love that dotted apple stampe--how fun is that?!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW x 42! How adorable are these??!! What a lovely little treat!

Jaspere said...

Great, great project.

Joan Ervin said...

What cute little treats, Tammy...I know the teachers will appreciate receiving something special...they will love these!!!

Judy Rozema said...

So so cute!! My teacher friends would love these! Me too!

Denise Marzec said...

These are soooo CAAAA-UTE!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, how darling are these -- what a wonderful treat, indeed!!!