Friday, June 26, 2009

Stamp Simply #93 and Awesome News!


Sharon Johnson has a fun Stamp Simply challenge planned for you today! It was sure one that I enjoyed doing, and I know you'll have fun, too! One of Sharon's favorite color combinations is blue and green.... specifically a grassy green, and sky blue. And one of her most favorite techniques is to add piercing to your creation! So today's challenge is two-fold.... create something using shades of blue and green (you can add other colors too, but the primary focus should be these two colors), and incorporate some piercing into your design! But most of all, just HAVE FUN!

Now one of the reasons why this was so much fun for me was because I got to use my new Whipper Snapper stamps that just arrived at the store today! I knew that Otto the Owl would fit in perfectly with these colors! As you can see, I've added some piercing around my oval, and in all four corners of my card front. A little May Arts ribbon (which kinda' makes me think of an owls eyes!) and my card was finished! I hope you all like it!

Stop by Sharon's blog for all the details, and her amazing sample for inspiration! And speaking of inspiration, we have two new members of the Stamp Simply team! We are welcoming past guest designers Jenny Gropp and Barbara Anders to the team on a permanent basis, and I'm so happy to have them both joining us! I know you'll be inspired by their awesome creations! This is also our last week with guest designer Sabrina Jackson, who has also been a great inspiration this month! Stop by all the girls' blogs for all the blue/green combos!

Sabrina Jackson, June Guest Designer

And now for the awesome news! On Thursday I was asked to join the team of amazing designers at Hope Stamps Eternal! I am so flippin' excited for this opportunity! Look above... do you see Cloud 9? Do you see me floating on it??? Wave hello! I'll be up there for awhile! ;) Be sure to check out the blog links in my sidebar to see the amazing work of everyone on the team, and be sure to stop by the HSE store for all your stamping needs! Rachel has all your favorite Basic Grey papers, stamps from The Greeting Farm and Inkadinkado, Martha Stewart products, and more!

Happy, happy Friday everyone! Thanks for stopping by!











Stamps: Otto the Owl (Whipper Snapper Designs), sentiment (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Cardstock: Parakeet, Tropical Breeze (Bazzill), Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Bo Bunny)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: ribbon (May Arts), Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

22 comments:

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh... your card is fantastic! Love the colors and the lay-out rocks... super talented at coloring!! TFS Tammy and have a super evening! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

How FUN is this card -- your colors are just fabulous and what a sweet image!!! Glad you had fun!!!

Janine said...

Tammy I love your card... Hope all is well with you! HAve a great weekend....

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Congratulations, Tammy!! And today's card is great!! tfs

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this owl is so cute. I love your card. The paper piercing adds just the right touch.

Congrats on your new design team! You deserve it. Your cards are amazing!

mudmaven said...

This card is just too sweet! Your colors and layout are marvelous! ~chris

Anonymous said...

BIG waves to you on cloud 9!!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see what you make. You rock chic...but you knew that right?!?!?!

Barbara said...

This is so cute, Tammy!!! Love that owl and that ribbon is indeed perfect!!! Your coloring just gets better and better!!!

Congratulations on the DT position! Enjoy Cloud 9--I'm still on mine waving at you, LOL!

Michelle Quinno said...

Adorable! I just love your style!

Darlene said...

Adorable card Tammy ... your new Owl image is colored perfectly!!

Congrats on the new DT position ... (I'm so jealous)... you so deserve this spot on Cloud 9 ... Enjoy!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great card with your new friend the owl. Love your choice of background paper to match up with the green and blue. Very cute. Pat

Deborah Saaranen said...

I've always loved this owl, and your design with him is just perfect! GREAT design!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great card and Awesome news!!! Congrats girlie - you deserve it!!!

Rachel Hope said...

Love the card and what you did with the colors!!

Welcome to the Team, so happy to have you!!!

Connie M. said...

This is such a fun card, Tammy! Love the DP you paired with this image!

Unknown said...

Love your card - fun image and fun colours to go with it! Congrats on your DT announcement too!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Tammy, I see that playing behind the register yesterday paid off ;D. Love that image and your coloring job is just fantastic.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Congrats! This is a cute card, and how appropriate to have the clouds for you to land on!

Tracey said...

More fabulous news Tammy! Congrats! And your card is fantastic!!

Michelle Woerner said...

OK, first LOVE that owl card!! Second, congrats on SUink!! And THIRD -woot -congrats and I cant' wait to start designing with you and the girls!! Hugs to you my friend!

Jami said...

wow - so many exciting teams you'll be playing on!! Too much fun! Congrats!! Love your card!

Jenny Gropp said...

Congrats on your new DT! Well deserved!! I love your little Owl card.... perfectly darling. Thanks for such a warm welcome!