Friday, March 30, 2012

Flourishes Friday Focus


The Flourishes Sr. Design team today is focusing on one of the most beautiful sets in the store... Signs of Spring.  I just love the big daffodil in this set, so I made sure it was the main focus of my card today.  Oh, BTW... wanna' hear a funny?  When I was a toddler, I apparently called these flowers "dack-o-dils"!  My Mom still refers to them as dack-o-dils if I'm around!  My "dack-o-dil" was colored with Copics from the Daffodil and Evergreen collections, with a little bit of YR23 from the *brand new* Beehive collection.  I stamped my daffodil three times, cutting out and layering for dimension.  I used the new Graphic 45 "Little Darlings" 8x8 paper pad for my card.  This is baby-themed paper in this collection, but there are some great basic patterns like the gingham and butterflies I used here, as well!  Embellishments include Ivory Crochet Trim, some Kaisercraft pearls and a seam binding bow.  Spellbinders products used include the Labels Nineteen Nestabilities, and the Classic Scallop Edgeabilities.








And here's a bit of good news.... you can get this great stamp set with your own "dack-o-dil" for 10% off through the weekend!

The rest of the Flourishes Design team members have beautiful Spring samples to share with you today, so be sure to check out their blogs!




Thanksabunch for stopping by to see my "dack-o-dil" today!


9 comments:

Tina said...

Such a pretty card, Tammy.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

~ Jo ~ said...

Wow this is beautiful Tammy... I love that daffodil and how you colored it... just divine!

flourishes said...

Great statement of Spring. This is just lovely.
Jan Marie
Flourishes

Karen W said...

Beautiful spring card, this hop has been so much fun!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! Perfect fussy-cutting and gorgeous papers!

Anonymous said...

Super pretty card Tammy!! I love the 3D "Dack-0-dill" :D Beautiful papers!
Have a wonderful blessed weekend!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

dpkennedy said...

I love the die cut you put the flower on and the beautiful butterfly paper in the bg! This is such a pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful coloring of the daffodil! Love your paper and color combo and the sketch!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very springy and pretty Tammy.