Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Designs


Here are just a few cards I worked on over the weekend. This first one gave me a chance to use some new things... my new Everyday Button Bits stamp set from Papertrey Ink, and some PTI buttons and cardstock. And this adorable flowered paper from the Farm Fresh 8x8 pad from October Afternoon. I recently got these paper pads in stock at the store, and am so in love with the patterns and colors! This card is for a family who we've known for years, that recently started attending our church. They came one week but we haven't seen them since, so I thought maybe a card to say "hope to see you again soon!" will bring them back! I took a lot of liberty, but was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #48 from this past week for the layout.
For my second card, I took inspiration for the layout from the Fall-to Layout #69 at Clean & Simple Stamping. Of course, I didn't read the blog post before I started working, so my card is not one-layer as intended with the sketch! For some reason, I just can't bring myself to do a one-layer card. It just seems naked to me! You can see that I was compelled to add just a bit of ribbon to this, too. The 90-year old mother of the man who leads our Sunday School class passed away this weekend, so this card is for his family.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope everyone is managing to stay healthy as we prepare for Thanksgiving this week! I myself have a head cold again, but am hoping to be better by the weekend when my Mom and step-Dad arrive!

Have a wonderful day!








Soaring By
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink), Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!), designer paper (October Afternoon)
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!)Accessories: buttons (Papertrey Ink), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (craft supply).

Sympathy
Stamps: Fall Trilogy (Rubbernecker), sentiment (Cornish Heritage Farms)Cardstock: More Mustard, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Natural Ivory (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard (Stampin' Up!), Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)Accessories: oval punch, ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one with all the wonderful colours together & dimension.

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous, tammy! shoot yeah...i'll accept "sketch inspired" cards, too! LOL! you are such a hoot!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a fabulous job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Barbara said...

Beautiful cards, Tammy. Love those buttons and the second one is perfect--with layers :)

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. The buttons are just adorable on the balloons and the second card is just beautiful.

Kim Burmeister said...

I love this idea for buttons! TFS!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Tammy. I especially love the stamping you did on the second one! Hope you and yours are doing well. Miss you on PCPDT.

C said...

Both cards are lovely, Tammy. I especially like the first one...I haven't used my hot air balloons from this set yet.

Joan Ervin said...

Such beautiful cards, Tammy...love the sweet little button images and the RN leaves design is sooo gorgeous...sorry about your friend's Mother!!!

Natasha said...

Wow! Both of these are absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you were inspired!

Lea L. said...

Both cards are so beautiful! I love the clean and graphic lines of the first one, and the artistic stamping of the leaves in the second one. Wonderful job on both sketches!

♥Lea