Friday, November 13, 2009

Stamp Simply #113 - Don't Play with Matches


Sharon says "don't be playing with matches!" for today's Stamp Simply challenge! :) Well, no she didn't really say that... I'm just being silly! But we are making cards with a matchbook fold today! I haven't made one of these in eons, so this was a lot of fun! I think my design looks like it's missing something though, but I left it alone in the spirit of stamping simply!
And actually, for my design I used a tutorial I found on Splitcoaststampers that includes a pocket inside that perfectly holds a Ghiradelli chocolate! Hello, yumminess! This was so super-easy to make I think I'll work on some more in a Christmas-theme just to have on hand for the upcoming holidays! Check out the tutorial here for all the measurements and directions!


Sharon has an as-always fabulous sample for you to see on her blog, along with all the challenge details! And my Stamp Simply Sisters have wonderful inspiration for you to see, too!


I'm in the process this weekend of moving my stamp room! Anyone who feels like cleaning, hauling and organizing... come on over! :) I'll be purging a lot too, so keep an eye out for some things for sale and other things I might just give away!

Happy weekend!








Stamps: Mouse with Flowers (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), brads (Stampin' Up!)

20 comments:

C said...

Aw, Tammy, how cute is that little guy!?

Here's mine: http://www.paperandinkplayground.com/2009/11/matchbook-candy-holder.html

I'll help you clean your room if you come and clean mine. ;-)

Cindy Haffner said...

Tammy this is so darling.

LeAnne said...

Sweet image, sweet candy, sweet stamper....this is just an all-around sweet post! :D

Jenny Gropp said...

Adorable!!!! Moving the stamp room..... ugh! But a great chance to clean out and re-organize!!

Bethany Paull said...

How cute! I love these sweet colors to go with that darling little mouse.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just adorable!

Barbara said...

We did the same thing!!! Great minds, and all that, LOL!!! Too cute, Tammy! Love that little mousie!

Barbara Schram said...

I think we had the same chocolate idea! Great minds DO think alike! LOL The inner pocket is perfect, love this detail. I'm still working on my new studio...it never ends! Good luck!

dpkennedy said...

Oh now isn't that cute?! Love that mouse! Great idea...so many projects, so little time...

Darlene said...

This is so clever Tammy! I just bought some of those chocolates and was going to try and make some of those mini pizza boxes you did last year ... now I have another awesome creation for them ... thanks for sharing!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

TOTAL CUTENESS, Tammy! I love it!

Kim Burmeister said...

This is so cute, Tammy! I love this! Thanks for the tutorial link.

TexasGrammy said...

Oh my gosh ... this is just delightful! Love your darling little image. It's been forever since I've tried a matchbook fold .... this is sweet fun!

~Bev

Candy said...

Adorable Tammy!!

Elena said...

Very cute! I really love this little darling mouse!

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable, Tammy! I just love that little mouse -- you colored him perfectly! :)

AJ said...

wayyy too cute Tammy! love it- i need to try that one still!

Joan Ervin said...

Super duper cute, Tammy!!! I have never made on of these so thanks for the link!!! Your little mouse is adorable and I am going to dream about that yummy chocolate!!!

Janine said...

Such a cute image for this matchbook fold... Great job sweetcheeks!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This image and these colors are so darn cute -- a FAB matchbook project!!! I LOVE your coloring -- gorgeous - as always!