Sunday, November 15, 2009

My New Stamputer Room!

Hey everyone, did you have a good weekend? I hope yours was as great as mine! If you follow me on Facebook or have chatted with me recently, you know that I've been in the process of moving my stamp room from the basement back up to the first floor of the house. When we bought this house, we were able to purchase some very nice bookcase-style shelving units from my husband's company. We used them to section off a corner of our basement and create a room that was intended to be a TV/hang-out room for our daughters, especially when they had friends over. Turned out that they didn't actually use the room very often, and a few years later when I became a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! I decided to move my stamping stuff from the computer room to the basement so that I had a nice place to spread out and have stamp camps. In July of 2008 I actually posted pictures on my old blog of my basement Stamping Sanctuary that you can see here.

Since taking my job with Toyrifix in July of 2007, I had to drop being a demo for SU! so at-home stamp camps don't take place anymore. I've gradually become tired of being isolated in the basement away from my family while stamping, and especially didn't like not having the computer close by. I also found that because I had so much space, I think I was collecting/hoarding a lot of stuff. So, I decided to move back upstairs to the computer room where I originally started out when we bought this house, and hence have renamed the room.... my Stamputer Room! LOL No explanation needed, right... stamps and the computer! What more does a girl need (well, maybe chocolate... it's in here, but it's hidden from the rest of the family!) Wanna see my new space??? (click on any of the pictures for a closer view)

I was very fortunate a few years ago to be able to buy this 8' table (on the right) from my church at a very low price when new tables were purchased, so it's perfect for my needs. Butted up against the table is a smaller 5' table. The table top was actually in our garage when we moved in, and my husband built the legs for it. It's rough-looking, but suits my needs perfectly!

From the doorway you can see the TV in the far corner, and the computer desk... my connection to all of my wonderful stamping friends!

And to the right of the big 8' table is a hutch-style cabinet which holds a lot of supplies! My Cuttlebug, Nestabilities and embossing folders have their space at the end of the table.

Here's a close-up of that 5' table, and on top are two cabinets that my sweet hubby made me years ago. These hold all my designer papers, and on the left are miscellaneous cardstocks, and all my SU! cardstock. To the right is an acrylic unit that holds all my Bazzill and Core'dinations cardstock. On top of the cabinets are containers holding miscellaneous cardstocks, and my Papertrey Ink cardstock. The long shelf above holds all my scraps! I actually disposed of a lot of scraps with this move, but still have significant amounts, and I DO use my scraps!

Here's a peek into the corner with my SU! ink pads, and a little 3-drawer unit with various items. More embellishments... brads, gemstones, flowers, buttons, etc. are in baskets here and there.

And here's my main workspace with my highly-prized Lazy Susan holding lots of tools, and my precious Copic markers. Pinned to the wall is a "love note" from Becky Oehlers that she left me at Stamping Around last weekend! LOL She is SUCH a hoot!

And here on this hutch, you can see ALL my stamps! Some are stored in CD cases there on the left, and a variety of JustRite stamps are stored in their original boxes or plastic cases. My wood-mounted stamps are in containers on the second shelf, along with my big clear box of flowers. On the top shelf are two containers with alterable items I have on hand... some tins, jars, composition books, etc.

But here's the part I'm most proud of... my own version of the Clip-It-Up! This white wire shelving unit actually came up from the basement stamp room, and fit perfectly on this hutch! I purchased what are called "dangler clips" from one of my suppliers at the store, and all of my clear and unmounted stamp sets hang by those clips in their original packaging from this shelf! (see below for a close-up!)
So there you have it... my new Stamputer Room! After taking these pictures, I have determined that a coat of paint is very necessary, but that might have to wait until Spring.... it definitely needs something to warm it up! I'd also love to find an area rug for the floor at some point, and a little table to sit in front of the window and hold my sewing machine would be great! I might just hit a few thrift shops in the coming days to see what I can find along those lines!

Along with moving, I have also purged a lot of stuff! I'm passing on whatever I can starting with this....

I sorted through all of my designer papers and got rid of anything I didn't want anymore. I also went through scraps, and anything larger than 4" was saved. (This is designer paper only... no cardstock.) I also got rid of a lot of ribbon that I don't want anymore. I now have two Priority Mail flat rate boxes that are stuffed to the gills... each box is full of paper and ribbon. I make NO guarantees whatsoever as to what's in the boxes... I can only tell you that there's a great variety. The shipping rate on these boxes is $10.35. If you're interested in receiving one or both of these boxes, and can Paypal me the shipping rate, I'll send it out to you! Email me... tammyhershberger[at]gmail[dot]com if you're interested! (edited to add... both boxes have now been spoken for!)

And stay tuned... I've got stamps to get rid of, too!

Have a great week!!!

14 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Tammy, it looks awesome!!! Great job! Love those paper racks! Thanks for the inspiration!

Elise said...

Whoa, TAMMY! Look, oh look at your gorgeous "stamputer" room! I LOVE IT! EVERYTHING! Something about a well-organized, perfectly presided over craft materials that just makes a girl.... want you to come over and DO MINE, TOO! Yipee!

Tethered2Home said...

Looks great, Tammy. I agree, craftin' & computers go hand in hand. For me I'm still in the basement, but it's my area that I can leave stuff out if I want & the computer is down there too :)
Thanks for sharing your ideas on storage too, always love that!

LeAnne said...

AWESOME! Everything looks wonderful! What a great feeling to know it is DONE! My room is a big mess right now. I am intrigued by the clips holding your clear stamps----I am SO looking for a system to hold them, I hate what I have. I will have to think on that!

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow it is so organized, what a great room and it's certainly well stocked. Awesome area for you to do your thing. Pat

Broni said...

Tammy, it looks wonderful! I'm so jealous! I'm still waiting for G to put all my furniture together! It may take weeks!! (Hope not!) Love the idea of making the wire shelf your clip-it-up!

dpkennedy said...

Everything in it's place, awesome! Someday I'll have a room too...someday, sigh. Looks fabulous!

Janine said...

Hi Tammy!! Your new space looks fabulous!!
I love what you did with all your dangler clips. Great idea.
Hope you had a great weekend.

Kim Burmeister said...

This is awesome, Tammy! I love to see where you create all of your wonderful projects. Great organization. I know what you mean about wanting to be around the family when you create. BTW, we do miss you....a lot! Can't wait until you come back.

C said...

Loving your dangler clips, Tammy. SO clever. Hey, can you come organize my room? I envy your wood floor, too. I have carpet that catches little bits of adhesive. You should see on my hands and knees harvesting it.

I left something for you on my blog.

Yoli said...

Hi Tammy,

I absolutely love your version of the popular Clip it up displayed at the bottom of one of the shelves on your bookcase/hutch. Awesome use of space!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, girl...looks like you put a lot of work into this wonderful studio!!! I love all the room and just look at all that paper storage!!! How would you like to come to Texas for a little visit....my craft room needs some TLC!!!!

Leona said...

Great Room Tammy! I love it!! You did a great job getting it all set up :)

Candy said...

Wow fabulous stamp room Tammy!!