Sunday, April 23, 2017

Thinking of You

I recently made my very first purchase of stamps from Concord & 9th, after seeing some cards made with the gorgeous Hello Lovely stamp set.  I’m not entirely sure that I like my watercoloring here, but overall I think the card turned out OK.  My plan is to send this card to one of my aunts, who’s been having some health problems and has been in a nursing home for a few months.

for Aunt Rose

I hope my Aunt Rose will like this!  I stamped the flowers in Versafine Onyx Black ink, embossed with clear embossing powder, and used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color this.  The sentiment was created by stamping part of a phrase from this Thanks stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, and the You Craft Die, also from Simon Says.

I’m linking my card to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Splash it On, and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Showers or Flowers.

I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend!  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Tammy and I'm sure it will cheer your Aunt up...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

I love the array of colors and think your watercolor is great against the slightly sponged background. The sentiment really pops - beautiful! She will love this. Hugs, Autumn

Virginia L. said...

Wow, how fabulous! Love the water-coloring and attentions to details! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Showers and/or Flowers” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!