Friday, May 1, 2015

Just Married Pooches

I recently had a co-worker ask me to make her a wedding card.  I asked her a few questions, whether she wanted something elegant, traditional, cutesie, etc.  Thought maybe it’d be a good time to pull out my Bride & Groom Die-Namics from My Favorite Things.  She mentioned that this couple was somewhat eclectic, that this is a second marriage for them both, they have grown kids, and are frequently seen walking their two dogs in their neighborhood.

Well, last year this same co-worker had asked me to make her four birthday cards just like the card I made at the MFT Retreat last Spring, using the Joy Ride Die-Namics.  She said she just wanted a couple of birthday cards to have on hand.  Well, I took it a step further and did this…

HB2U car cards

I made the car card (designed by Jody Morrow) just like we did it at the retreat, but then cut out four of each of the sentiment license plates.  Then I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker so that she could peel off the backing and use whatever sentiment she wanted on the card!  She LOVED this idea, and is always talking about how much she loves that car.

So, fast forward to this year and having her ask me for a wedding card for a couple who love their dogs, and this idea instantly sprang into my mind!

Just Married Pooches by Tammy Hershberger

A wedding card for a couple of dog lovers!  I used the Birdie Brown You Make My Tail Wag stamps, and the matching You Make My Tail Wag Die-Namics for the dog on the left, and the Birdie Brown You Have My Heart stamps and matching Die-Namics for the dog on the right to create this special card.  I sponged some clouds with Sweet Tooth pigment ink using the Cloudy Day stencil on Blue Breeze card stock to make the sky in the background, and grounded the car with the On the Road Die-Namics (retired).

On the inside I just added a simple sentiment from the LJD Together Forever stamp set (but I forgot to photograph it!)

Wishing you a happy Friday, and thank you so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

So cute, Tammy! Love those pooches in the car window!!

Alina said...

so beautiful, Tammy!

Lindsay said...

Soooo adorable, Tammy! I just love those doggies!

Connie G said...

this made me chuckle! Perfect idea!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Tammy!!So sweet!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa