Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Color Throwdown #317

Color Throwdown #317 cropped by Tammy Hershberger

Hi friends, happy Wednesday!  It’s time for another Color Throwdown and this week Joan is taking us international with this inspiration photo…

swatch 317

For my card, I decided to CASE this gorgeous card by Jennifer McGuire.  I really loved the layout she used.  So here’s my version…

Color Throwdown #317 by Tammy Hershberger

I used my new Harvest Berries stamp set from Papertrey Ink, stamping the leaves with Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass premium dye ink.  I added some purple berries, and some randomly “splotches” of Blu Raspberry Premium Dye ink from MFT mixed with some Perfect Pearls for shimmer.  The “hello” was die cut twice from black card stock for extra dimension, using the Happy Hellos Die-Namics from MFT.  Over the whole card front I also stamped a script background using Grout Gray hybrid ink that was stamped off once, so it’s just very subtle.  And on the purple card stock base, I stamped the BG Diagonal Stripes background on the left edge using Sweet Tooth pigment ink.  Lastly, the whole card was given a very light spray of a sheer shimmer mist, and I added a few sequins.

Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters (including our new Guest Designer for November) for more inspiration…

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Petra Swart, November Guest Designer
Christy, Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Such a pretty card Tammy! I love the color combo and that awesome die cut!

Juliana said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy!
I love the softness of the background and the bold "hello".

Wonderfully done!

Vickie Z said...

Love the layout and those harvest berries look fabulous!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tammy. Love the harvest berry images, the lilac striped strip. The black word looks awesome against the white panel.

Toni said...

Really pretty

Melody said...

LOVE that color combo! Great card!

Barbara said...

I love this. Those gingko leaves are a great background for the die cut sentiment!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your soft floral background and the bold pop of color in the side border! Gorgeous CAS design!

Jodi Collins said...

This card is absolutely STUNNING my friend! I am IN LOVE with this! Perfectly designed!

Wida said...

love this pretty color combination. I don't see these colors together very often, its lovely