Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bracelet for Kelsey

Kelsey's bracelet
I was blog browsing back in the summer time, and came across this post on Nichole Heady’s blog during Papertrey Ink’s annual stamp affair, and just LOVED the bracelet!  This is something I’ve always wanted to try, but not knowing what supplies I needed, and how to use some of them (I would NEVER have known the purpose of a crimp bead… you’d have found me trying to tie a knot in the bead wire, I guarantee!) I was always intimidated.  Nichole’s video made it look so easy, and the idea of making the paper beads sounded fun.  So I bought some beads, and they just sat here.  Then a few weeks ago, I was shopping with my daughter and she saw these cool square beads and liked them so well I decided to buy them, and finally got to work making a bracelet.  Can I just say…. easiest thing in the world, but how CUTE is the end result?  I am about to become a bracelet-making fool!

Only thing different… with apologies to PTI, I decided not to shell out $10 for the Beautiful Beads die, but instead spent 99 cents and got mine from the Silhouette Online store.  (But of course, for those of you confident with your cutting skills, you wouldn’t need a cut file or die!)  The papers I used to make my beads are from Stampin’ Up!

Kelsey is asleep right now… I’m going to go loop the bracelet around the cord of her charging iPhone so she finds it in the morning!  :)

Happy stamping!
signature 3

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous bracelet, Tammy! I have eyed all those gorgeous beads in Michaels whenever I'm looking for charms for papercrafting, but haven't ever tried making anything. Kelsey will love this!

Joan Ervin said...

Awww, you are such a great Mom...Kelsey is going to love this!!!!