Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stamp Simply #95 - Let the Sparks Fly!


Time again for another Stamp Simply challenge, and this time we're letting the sparks fly! Sharon's inspiration for the challenge this week comes from the fact that even though the Fourth of July is over, the sparks (and sparklers, firecrackers, and even fireworks!) are still flying! Seriously, how many of you still have people setting off explosives in your neighborhood? I sure do, and it annoys me to no end, but I try to just grin and bear it. As long as my sleep isn't disrupted there isn't a whole lot I can do about it, right? But I can make some sparkle of my own, and you can too! Give today's Stamp Simply challenge a try!

Now, admittedly you can't see a whole lot of sparkle on my card! I started out wanting to use these journaling squares from Prima and some other Prima accessories, and didn't end up with very much sparkle. Still, I'm pleased with how this turned out... very outside my box! I stamped my butterfly silhouette image using chalk ink, then embossed with a half glitter, half embossing powder combination. I added some pearls and shiny brads, then did some distressing to try to get a good blend of shabby and elegant.
Here's a close-up so you can see there really is just a little sparkle there! Move closer to your monitor or click on the picture if you have to! ;)
Stop by Sharon's blog to see her stunning sample for inspiration, and check out the blogs of the other Stamp Simply girls for more ideas! (Julie is taking the night off!)

Barbara * Jenny * Deb * Janine * AJ * Jennifer * Rose Ann

I am more than ready for the weekend! How 'bout you? Have a great Friday, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!










Stamps: Nostalgia clear stamps (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Kraft, Sprout, Slate Blue, Espresso (Bazzill), Journaling Square paper (Prima)
Inks: Versamagic Jumbo Java (Tsukineko)
Accessories: pearls (Prima), brads (Gary Burlin), corner punch (Tonic), deckle edge scissors (Fiskars), twill (Creative Impressions).

23 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous. Love it!

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning!!! I Love everything!

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, very pretty!!!!!

Joan

Juliana said...

Beautiful card, Tammy!!!
I love the pearls and sparkle with these images and colors!! Lovely combination!

Janine said...

Gorgeous Tammy!!! Have a great weekend.

Cathy Rulli said...

Beautiful!!!

Darlene said...

This is "my style" of card ... awesome!! (now why didn't I buy those images yesterday??? Duh!!) Have a great weekend my friend!!

LeAnne said...

TAMMY!! I am on the floor! This is a very different style for you, but BEAUTIFUL!!! OMW, I love it! You did an awesome job with the sparkles, the images, the layout, everything! WTG!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, your card is GORGEOUS! You did a fantastic job! Love it!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oooh, this is sooo pretty Tammy! (enough ooooo's in there?)I love everything...!

Laura Pryor said...

ooooooo, me likey!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOWZERS -- love this, it turned out just fab!!! And we agree on more than the glitter flying about, I also echo your sentiments on the neighborhood explosives!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Tammy, this is SO beautiful! I have this INKA set and you are sure making me want to pull it out -- and I just might do that!!! The image is lovely and your card design is purely gorgeous!!! Way to go!!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh Tammy!! This is just soooo beautiful! Love the flourish/vintage feel to this card! I am sure it just sparkles!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the image, and your sparkle is so very pretty!! I love your pearls as well!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely creation. Yep, see you IRL next week and I'm so excited to see all the gals in person. I'm stinking lucky to have DD let me tag along. Pat

Anonymous said...

WOW, this is one of my faves from you!! LOVE IT :)

Jane Wetzel said...

Tammy, I totally LOVE this look..it is sooooo me! TFS!

Julie Koerber said...

Girl... this card is way too pretty for words! I gasped!!! Seriously! Love those whoop-dee-doos that you created with the pearls!! WOW!

ALK said...

Super Fantabulously Gorgeous!!!

Barbara said...

Oh, Tammy, this is GORGEOUS!!! There's no other word for it!!!

Becky G said...

So pretty, Tammy! I love the sparkle!!!!

Hugs, Becky

The Country Rose said...

WOW!!!! That is just flat out GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Barb