Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!


It's official... Mother Nature hates us! Not only is it raining, but it's COLD and raining! Makes me wish for a fireplace here beside my desk! But then I'd just curl up and go to sleep! :)

I made this card today using the Color Challenge on SCS to use Stampin' Up colors Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron. Isn't it a pretty combination? Makes me think of a garden! I probably should have made a flowery card... maybe my mood about the weather would be lighter! I was really pleased to see how well this striped designer paper I had matched the Wild Wasabi cardstock, so I decided to use it to paper piece the raincoat!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Rain or Shine (My Favorite Things); Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron (Stampin' Up), white (Georgia Pacific), designer paper (Reminisce); Inks: Adirondack Pitch Black (Ranger), Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up), markers (Copic); Accessories: Purely Pomegranate stitched grosgrain (Stampin' Up!), light green grosgrain (Offray), scalloped rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), paper piercing tool (Darice), dimensional adhesives.

7 comments:

Corie said...

Love this -- so adorable.

Ashley said...

Super Cute card!!!! :o) Love it! Hugs! Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love her raincoat!
Hugs and smiles

ChrissyM said...

Adorable card! I feel for you. Its cold and rainy here too. Just been a blah day!

Linda Carson said...

If this lady & dog had been in my town she would have been swept away! We got 5 inches of rain! Love the color combo! Excellent artwork!

Darlene said...

LOVE this card!!!! Her paper pieced coat is fantastic!! I don't have this stamp, but if you have it in your store, I might own it pretty soon. This is just so adorable and the sentiment is perfect!!! Great layout for the color combo too! Nicely done, as usual! Happy Stampin'!

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Beautiful. Love the raincoat.