Monday, July 23, 2007

Thank You Tulips

Another card inspired by annieht's gallery yesterday (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/390958?what=allfields&name=annieht) and this one actually came from Sketch Challlenge #95 on SCS, too. My tulips are from Stampendous, and are stamped on Stampin' Up Confetti White cardstock using Jet Black Staz-On ink. I watercolored the tulips using SU! Rose Red, Regal Rose and Old Olive ink and my aquapainter. I sponged SU! Bashful Blue around the top for sky, and SU! Certainly Celery across the bottom to blend in the with leaves. My card base is a retired Stampin' Up color called Rose Romance. It matched wonderfully with this designer paper called Phoebe from Basic Grey. The panels are all from the Phoebe collection. I stamped "thank you" in Colorbox Dark Peony ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. I added SU! Rose Red brads to the top corners of the tulip piece, tied a piece of stitched organdy from the Michael's $1 bin around the piece and adhered it to the card using pop-dots. It came out a lot brighter than I intended but I love the final result! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Corie said...

This card is beautiful. Flowers and DP too. Love it.

Becky G said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy! I think it is my favorite out of all of your new cards!

Heather said...

Very cute - this was one of my favorite SCS sketch challenges last year.

Lyneen said...

Oh mygosh these are beautiful tulips.... LOVE YOUR CARDS!!!