Wednesday, July 4, 2007

For Patti


I am not going to the Stampin' Up convention this year, but my dear friend Patti is, and she asked me if I would create a card front for her to use as a swap at convention. (Yes, you can assume that my head is swollen at the notion of such flattery!) So this is what I came up with. I don't know how original it is... I'm sure someone has already thought to use that long stamp with the dots as flower stems, but maybe my design is a little original. All products used are Stampin' Up. The card base is a new In-Color for 2007 called Purely Pomegranate, and on the base I stamped the On the Spot background in Versarmark ink. The strip of Soft Sky cardstock is stamped with another flower from the In the Spotlight hostess set, and I pierced each end of the strip with my paper piercing tool from the SU! tool kit. I stamped the flowers from In the Spotlight on Whisper White cardstock using Purely Pomegranate, and Groovy Guava in, and the stems and leaves are stamped in Wild Wasabi. I stamped the "thank you" and "friend" (also from In the Spotlight) in Soft Sky ink, and punched them out with my 3/4" circle punch. They're adhered to the flowers with dimensionals. I sponged Soft Sky ink around the edges, and matted this on a piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I punched a scrap of Groovy Guava with my Word Window punch, folded it in half, tied a piece of Apricot grosgrain around it and attached it with a silver brad. The main image is also mounted on dimensionals. I hope Patti likes this well enough! I think I will also use the design for my upcoming Customer Appreciation Open House invites, too! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute!

Corie said...

Love this card. Love the colors.