Sunday, July 26, 2015

Best-est Wishes

A few days ago, I saw this FABULOUS card by Yoonsun from the My Favorite Things design team.  Oh my word, the sweet design and vibrant colors just made me happy!  One thing I loved about it too, were the white ink splatters in the background and I really wondered what product she might have used to do that.  So I set out to try a few things, and then just ended up CASE’ing her wonderful design!

Bestest Wishes CASE

I used the same inks that Yoonsun mentions in her post… Tickled Pink, Wild Cherry, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple and Summer Splash.  These were all dye inks that I just sponged and swirled onto the watercolor card stock with a Ranger mini ink blending tool.  The first thing I tried for the white splatters was some Dylusions White Linen spray.  This didn’t dry as opaque-ly as I wanted.  So then I tried some Copic Opaque White, and found that this mixed with just a little water on my craft sheet was just right!  I used the watercolor card stock for the Die-Namics Birthday Wishes & Balloons, just using some Lush Lagoon, Wild Cherry and Orange Fizz dye inks and an aqua brush.  The balloon strings and sentiment from the Birthday Wishes & Balloons stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  (Thank you, Yoonsun for helping me remember that I had that color of embossing powder… completely forgot that I bought some back in the Spring!)  I finished the card by adding some clear sequins and die-cut stars.  The panel was cut with the Blueprints 13 Die-Namics and mounted to a piece of Steel Grey card stock, then applied to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.

Thanks again to Yoonsun for the wonderful inspiration, and thank YOU for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a fabulous card! Love the gold embossing and that background is awesome!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Fabulous!!! Absolutely fabulous card Tammy!!!

Ina G said...

OOOOOOOh! I love how you cased Yoonsun's card. Both are simply gorgeous. So bright and beautiful.

Anita in France said...

Glorious vibrant colour, yummy gold embossing and simply splendid splatters, Tammy ... a stunning card! Anita :)