Friday, June 27, 2014

#HAPPYBIRTHDAY-MFTWSC182

MFTWSC182 close-up
My husband and I have a good friend…he’s a single dad, and just all-around nice guy.  He recently commented on one of the cards I posted on Facebook and said “When am I ever going to get one of these fabulous cards?” and mentioned that his birthday was coming up.  What could I do?  I had to make him a card!  Since I have yet to use my LLD Smart Phone Die-Namics and matching LLD Friend Request stamp set from My Favorite Things, I thought now would be a good time to put it all to use.  And the sketch #182 was the perfect layout, too!
MFTWSC182
I turned the sketch on it’s side to accommodate the longer phone die-cut…
MFTWSC182
I gave stamps, inks and dies a work-out on this card!  Starting with the Berrylicious card stock base, I stamped the BG Grid background with Grout Gray hybrid ink.  On the Tangy Orange card stock strip I stamped some dots from the DC Large Scale backgrounds using Orange Fizz hybrid ink.  On the Jellybean Green card stock panel I stamped BG On the Diagonal background with Sour Apple premium dye ink.
  Above and below the green card stock panel I added two Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics cut from Electric Red card stock.  I cut the phone base from Grout Gray card stock, and the phone front from Black Licorice card stock, laying a piece of Berrylicious card stock on the “screen” stamped with the BG Typewriter Text background.  Then I cut some word bubbles and other accessories from the LLD Smart Phone Die-Namics, and stamped them with different phrases from the LLD Friend Request stamp set.  On the lower right I added a little Electric Red card stock “flag” cut from the Blueprints 15 Die-namics, and embellished it with a Berrylicious button tied with hemp cord.

All supplies from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted…
Stamps:  LLD Friend Request, DC Large Scale Backgrounds, BG Grid background, BG On the Diagonal background, BG Typewriter Text background
Card stocks:  Berrylicious card stock,

Tangy Orange card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Electric Red card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Grout Gray card stock
Inks:  Berrylicious hybrid ink, Tangy Orange hybrid ink, Orange Fizz hybrid ink, Jellybean Green hybrid ink, Grout Gray hybrid ink, Sour Apple premium dye ink
Dies:  Blueprints 15, LLD Smart Phone
Accessories:  Hemp cord, Berrylicious buttons
That’s all for me today!  Happy Friday, and thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Tammy this card is awesome I love what you have been creating with all MFT goodies <3

Chris said...

I came over for your CT card which I don't see but I'm glad I came because that sailboat is just adorable and today's card is really cute too, makes me think I should start using my cell phone once in awhile. I really hate using those things.
Have a good one. By the way, Simon Says Stamp is having a DT call. All you have to do is link up your blog to enter, pretty easy.

Tracey said...

Loving the colours!! This is absolutely fabulous Tammy!!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is really cute, Tammy! A great guy birthday card!

Betty Wright said...

Great Birthday card, Tammy! I have my eye on this die set. I am really loving your color combo, too!

Kim S said...

What a great "conversation" in fabulous, bold colors!