Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Color Throwdown #295

CTD295 close up
Welcome to Wednesday, and time for another Color Throwdown challenge!  We’re up to #295 this week with Joan as our hostess and have a good change-up for you this week with these colors…
swatch 295
I LOVE that Joan took in a monochromatic direction this week… we definitely need to do this more often!  It was a nice change, and I hope you’ll give it a try, too!
Here’s my card…
CTD295
I used my not-yet-inked Circle Scribbles stamp set from Papertrey Ink for my card, stamping in Paver Red, Razzle Berry and Pink Lemonade hybrid inks from My Favorite Things.  On the Razzle Berry card stock background, I stamped the On the Diagonal background with Pink Lemonade ink, so it’s just very subtle.  The sentiment from the LJD On the Line stamp set is stamped on a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics, and finished off with a Paver Red button and baker’s twine.  The angled panel was but using the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.  I also spritzed the background with some Razzle Berry Premium Dye ink and some Steel Shimmer MIX-ables mist.
Stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Susie Moore, June Guest Designer
Diane Jaquay, Guest Star Stamper
THANK YOU for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!!!Very pretty!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love all the scribbled circles, the angled panel and the subtle pattern on the card base! Fabulous interpretation of the colors!

Chris said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have been looking at my blueprints today because they just have to get used (kwim) and this one is just stumping me but you nailed it, now I just have to figure out how I can steal, I mean case, your card.
Love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Tammy. Those colors look great together with the scribbled circle images. I want that set! :)

Kim S said...

I love the way you have layered up the scribbles in the monochromatic colors!

Melody said...

Cute card Tammy! I love the graphic feel!

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo love the stamps you used, Tammy...this is such an awesome design!!!!

Vickie Z said...

I adore those scribbles and shimmer!! Aren't they fun for something a little different!! Great use of the colors!!

Broni said...

Love this fun, swirly monochromatic card, Tammy!